Thread: Sent off my paperwork to BCI

Post imported post

Sent off my CCW application to BCI yesterday. They said it should take about 100 days to recieve my permit. So now it's just a waiting game. Time to look into some good holsters for oc, or cc depending on my mood, now that I have a choice. I thank the members of this forum for letting me know that this is an acceptable course of action instead of being unattainable or way too much work like I thought before. I'll try to be more active on this forum in the future instead of lurking around. See ya around.

Richard Barnes

Enjoy a few pictures I took at the Hogle Zoo today while with the family.

My family with a stand in for me while I took the photo.

]http://img522.imageshack.us/img522/669/dsci0052xa2.jpg]

Couple good pics from their bird show, which is great, I love it.

http://img522.imageshack.us/img522/2...0editedsb4.jpg

http://img169.imageshack.us/img169/1313/dsci0038wz4.jpg]

Here's the rare White (not albino) Alligator they have this summer.

http://img522.imageshack.us/img522/9117/dsci0101tx2.jpg]

]http://img72.imageshack.us/img72/3687/dsci0097vk7.jpg]

http://img213.imageshack.us/img213/3452/dsci0108ci3.jpg

Post imported post

Narcisist wrote:
    Sent off my CCW application to BCI yesterday. They said it should take about 100 days to recieve my permit.
    Not sure if you added an extra zero, my permit came to me in about 10 days. I was surprised to see how quickly they act. My wifes permit came even faster. :celebrate
    "An armed society is a polite society. Manners are good when one may have to back up his acts with his life." Robert A. Heinlein

Post imported post

I didn't, lady said 100. How long ago did you get yours? You've got me licking my lips in anticipation.

Post imported post

My application's been in for 52 days. I'm hoping to get it by hunting season.

I thought all the money the legislature sent to BCI was supposed to fix the backlog??? 100 days is longer than it was before they started getting the application fees directly.

Post imported post

i gotta wait till 21 :/

Post imported post

From what I understand they are being inundated with applications right now because of the price increase starting Sept. 1st. But yeah, that is a really crappy wait time. I think with a wait like that they should issue temporaries more frequently.

Post imported post

apollosmith wrote:
    My application's been in for 52 days. I'm hoping to get it by hunting season.

I thought all the money the legislature sent to BCI was supposed to fix the backlog??? 100 days is longer than it was before they started getting the application fees directly.
    That's sounds familiar, the CHSB in Massachusetts is always chronically backlogged. It took them 2 or three months when I got my first LTC. So I was really surprised when I got my renewal back within a month. Other people have had the process take even longer so I guess I got lucky. Libral states suck!!!!

Post imported post

My appication, and out-a-state one, took over 5 months, and was recieved just a couple of weeks ago.

They are in the process of training additional people, but a look at their web site will show how long these are taking.

As of today:

" We are currently processing concealed permit application for Utah residents received on May 16, 2007. We are currently processing concealed permit applications for out-of-state residents received on April 15, 2007 "

Post imported post

Narcisist wrote:
    I didn't, lady said 100. How long ago did you get yours? You've got me licking my lips in anticipation.
    Mine was issued January of 2005.
    "An armed society is a polite society. Manners are good when one may have to back up his acts with his life." Robert A. Heinlein

Post imported post

I applied while I was on leave back in May. Haven't seen it yet, hopefully it's trying to catch up with my moves in the mail.

State Researcher

Post imported post

The delay at BCI is NOT getting much better despite significant funding increases from the legislature this last session.

Near as I can discern, the problem is with the new director, Ed McConkie.

I suggest concerned parties call your legislators, the governor, lt governor, and ag, and ask why BCI is being allowed to continue violation of the law. They are statutorily bound to issue (or deny) permits within 60 days. They did so in the past with less funding.

If the new guy can't or won't makeit work, he should be replaced.

You can contact info for your legislator and other State officials at www.le.state.ut.us or at goutahorg.org.

Charles
    All experience hath shewn, that mankind are more disposed to suffer, while evils are sufferable, than to right themselves by abolishing the forms to which they are accustomed. Thank heaven we do not permit a few to impose anarchy.

"With Anarchy as an aim and as a means, Communism becomes possible."
    --Marxist.org

"Communism and Anarchy [are], a necessary complement to one another. "
    --PETER KROPOTKIN, "Anarchism: its philosophy and ideal." 1898.