• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Norfolk carpool from NOVA

vrwmiller

imported post

I've already got a full load going down with me...but I am interested in knowing what time everyone was leaving...

I am planning to leave around 2 - 3:00PM, but am worried about rush hour leaving NoVA, coming around Richmond, then again on 64 coming into Norfolk. What is the traffic like for these areas around that time of day?

AbNo

imported post

FWIW, I know Norfolk/VABCH pretty well.

Only problem is, I'm out in Rockingham county, on 81.

I'd love to carpool down there, but I'm probably out of the way for most people, unless I were to perhaps meet up with someone in C'ville...

Dutch Uncle

Campaign Veteran
imported post

Traffic around the Hampton Roads Bridge Tunnel can be stacked up at rush hour, but it usually thins out by six or so. Also, someone mentioned that there are other agenda items for the meeting and there is no assurance we will be first. It wouldn't surprise me if they put us at the end to make folks squirm for awhile. If you're a bit late, I don't think it will be the end of the world.