Thread: Open carrying in Boise

Post imported post

I've been carrying concealed every day for 2 years, about a month ago I started open carrying about 80% of the time in the Boise / Meridian area.

I have yet to have a comment about carrying, I've got a few curious looks but on average people have been nicer than normal so far I've open carried to:

Albertsons (various)
    Cabelas
    Craft Warehouse
    Fred Meyers in Meridian
    Gas stations
    Home Depot
    Les Schwab (waited with a LEO for about half an hour for a tire to be fixed)
    Lowes
    Quiznos
    StarBucks
    Target

Post imported post

Good on ya, Shadowalker!

Hope to see you around town.

Post imported post

Thanks, you as well, I haven't run into any one else open carrying yet.

I open carried in Walmart for about an hour tonight without a problem, had been holdin off based on comments from some others.

Post imported post

Welcome to OCDO Shadow. Always good to hear of another OCer in the Boise area. Glad to hear your experiences thus far have been uneventful

State Researcher
    Just a "wannabe" in Mtn. Top, Pennsylvania, USA

Post imported post

shadowalker wrote:
    .... but on average people have been nicer than normal
    Isn't that something... ?

Post imported post

Pa. Patriot wrote:
    shadowalker wrote:

Yeah, that's something. People restraing their natural tendency for being a**holesbecause theyharborirrational fears and imagine horrific responses to their poor behavior. Its a shame that people cant be polite without assuming they will be pistolwhipped or shot if they fall out of line. But it is a nice side-effect to being lawfully armed.
    New to OPEN CARRY in California? Click and read this first...

NA MALE SUBJ ON FOOT, LS NB 3 AGO HAD A HOLSTERED HANDGUN ON HIS RIGHT HIP. WAS NOT BRANDISHING THE WEAPON, BUT RP FOUND SUSPICIOUS.
    CL SUBJ IN COMPLIANCE WITH LAW

Support the 2A in California - Shop Amazon for any item and up to 15% of all purchases go back to the Calguns Foundation. Enter through either of the following links
    www.calgunsfoundation.org/amazon
    www.shop42a.com

State Researcher

Post imported post

Welcome to OCDO! Glad to see yet another OCer in the Boise area!
    Speaking of which I'm trying to figure out how many OCers we have here in Boise on this site.... anybody know?

Post imported post

ConditionThree wrote:
    Pa. Patriot wrote:
    shadowalker wrote:

Yeah, that's something. People restraing their natural tendency for being a**holesbecause theyharborirrational fears and imagine horrific responses to their poor behavior. Its a shame that people cant be polite without assuming they will be pistolwhipped or shot if they fall out of line. But it is a nice side-effect to being lawfully armed.
    That's Fuuuny but True....:what:

Post imported post

Yestesterday I OC'd at:

RC Willey
    Burlington Coat Factory
    The Ram (on Eagle)
    Cabelas

At Burlington a staff lady asked me to help her move something to a higher shelf, and sat and talked about diaper bags with me and my wife while we discussed which one would be best for concealing her XD.

At Cabelas heard a father giving his son the being safe with firearms speech as they walked past me. The kid said "But dad, he has clips and a gun!" Despite making eye contact and nodding the dad hadn't noticed I was carrying until the kid said several more times, he is carrying a gun and clips dad!

The dad's response was oh well he must be a police officer, it gave my wife a pretty good laugh.

I was carrying my 45 XD instead of my Sig, thinking about duracoating the stainless magazines black so they don't reflect as much light.

Post imported post

Just a note, if you are open carrying at Wal-marts I suggest you stay away from the one in Caldwell! after the shooting in the parking lot recently a lot of people are edgy right now, especially the security there.

Post imported post

Well it finally happened. I went to backstreet billiards in boise and was told I had to leave my OC'ed pistol in my car. This is the first place I have been told I couldn't have a firearm, and I was in my security uniform with my badge on my belt next to the gun. However, I went to Cabela's, Sportsman's and the walmart on Overland and noone said anything, as well as boise mall during lunch, however it was all in uniform. The security officer stared at me at the mall but didn't say anything.

Post imported post

I've continued to open carry 70% of the time or so and didn't have any problems until I went to Cabelas, like the last comment it wasn't the store but another customer.

I was in the reloading components section with my pregnant wife when a large man in camo walked by and said "You might want to pull down your shirt." We both initially thought he was talking to her because it had crept up a little bit in the day.

The comment left me wondering if he intended to give a CCWer a nice alert that their firearm was showing, he had a fairly short window to view and may not have noticed that my shirt was very neatly and intentionally tucked in, or if he was specifically commenting on open carry.

The tone in his voice left me feeling like he was commenting on open carry, but oh well.