• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Olympia and other cities not responding...

sv_libertarian

State Researcher
imported post

Several weeks ago I wrote the Thurston County Sheriff, as well as the several cities in the county; Olympia, Lacey and Tumwater asking to aknowledge the legality of OC. I have been rather nicely ignored. I will note that I had an email bounce back from Tumwater, and while I was given a new email address here on the forum, I haven't had time to write them. So I have no response from Thurston County Sheriff, Olympia PD and Lacey PD. Can't decide if I am being ignorned or if they are still trying to word a response. My guess is I am being ignored. So I think if more people than myself email them it would force a response.

Thurston County Sheriff; http://www.co.thurston.wa.us/sheriff/contactus.htm

Olympia PD http://www.ci.olympia.wa.us/cityservices/police/directions/

Lacey PD http://www.ci.lacey.wa.us/police/contact_us.htm

I will send another message and make some phone calls as well. I don't like my rights being ignored like this...

Steve

SicSemperTyrannis

imported post

No one has a "right" to have their letters answered, sv_libertarian.The misuse of the word "right" is a growing problem, without us contributing to it.

They would be fools to promptly write you back off-the-cuff anyway. Before putting anything in writing, anyone in a position of public responsibility would be best served by having their response vetted by the local states attorney. This takes time. Responding to letters is not the highest priority of local sheriffs.

I'm not saying you will or won't get a response. But if you demand a response as a "right", you will likely be ignored, and justly so.

How about just calling and asking a sincere question in a low-key way?

fetch

imported post

sv_libertarian,
I have contacted the Spokane Co. sheriff Ozzie Knezovich by there e-mail. It took a couple of weeks for him to answer. I am still waiting for my last one over a week ago.

sv_libertarian

State Researcher
imported post

SicSemperTyrannis wrote:
No one has a "right" to have their letters answered, sv_libertarian.The misuse of the word "right" is a growing problem, without us contributing to it.
I never said nor meant to imply that I had a "right" to my letters being answered. The right I refer to is the right to carry. I expect that they have to take some time to ask lawyers, but the case law is fairly clear, as well as the documents issued by other departments.

Yes I did try calling, and got some voicemails. I left a message and figure someday I will get a response.

At the very least a response of "thank you for your message" would let me know that a human is looking at it. But to expect that from the government.... if I did business that way I wouldn't do very much. But I digress. Posting a followup here was my main intent.

BTW I bought ammo today, the 28th :p

Steve