• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

VCDL NoVA to Norfolk Drive

docwatson

imported post

I have a 9 passenger van or a 4 passenger truck and will need folks to share for gas ($10/person). Ideal departure time to beat the I-95 South traffic would be to leave ~1500hrs which puts us TOT @ 1800 or so. I was thinking we could all meet at the commuter lot and go from there.

If you are interested in the ride share I'm starting for tomorrow's drive to/from Norfolk from Lake Ridge/Woodbridge, please contact me ASAP.

AbNo

imported post

Mmm, what route are you taking down there?

Also, I'll put forth that if you came this way, people in Richmond could meet here to join the van.

docwatson

imported post

It looks to be that way but I need at least 5 people to be ready to fly tomorrow.

From Google:
transparent.png
6.Merge onto I-95 S via the ramp to Fredericksburg75.1mi1 hour 10 mins
larrow01.png

7.Take exit 84A on the left to merge onto I-295 S toward Rocky Mt NC14.7mi13 mins
transparent.png

8.Take exit 28A to merge onto I-64 E toward Norfolk/VA Beach77.3mi1 hour 17 mins
transparent.png

9.Take exit 277A to merge onto Tidewater Dr/VA-168 S Continue to follow Tidewater Dr4.8mi11 mins
transparent.png

10.Exit onto VA-337-ALT E/Waterside Dr0.6mi1 min
rarrow01.png

11.Turn right at St Pauls Blvd161ft
rarrow01.png

12.Turn right at Union St102ft
icon-dd-stop-trans.png
icon-dd-stop-white.png

To:810 Union St Norfolk, VA 23510

I also have thought about going down 17 but it takes longer IIRC...

roscoe13

Campaign Veteran
imported post

docwatson wrote:
it used to (15+ years ago) be quicker to go that way. With all the development along 17, it's now signifcantly slower to go that way...

vtme_grad98

imported post

roscoe13 wrote:
docwatson wrote:
it used to (15+ years ago) be quicker to go that way. With all the development along 17, it's now signifcantly slower to go that way...
Slower and more expensive, with the toll on the Coleman bridge.