• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Had the cops called one on us!!!

Ghettokracker71

imported post

So Amanda and I had to get some prescriptions filled,and decided to take a break from cleaning the house and get it done. We head down to our local Col. Heights 24 Hour CVS. Of course I'm carrying my CZ40P in a Fobus paddle holster. Amanda had the Kel-tec p3at in a bianchi thumb-break. So the pharmasist, very polite and chatty even walked from behind her counter to show me the restroom. The other young lady that was working there, kept staring at me,and acting extremely sketchy. Coming out of the bathroom I saw her holding a phone and she ducked quickly out of view when I looked up and saw her. We got a page saying our prescription was done,walked over and got it, I noticed a different face, his name tag saying "shift supervisor". Hadn't seen him AT ALL,and you have to walk through the entire store to the pharmacy. Turn around to leave,and theres an officer standing in the magazine aisle with a magazine staring at me,I walk by and very pursposely make eye contact with sketchy girl,and say HAVE A GREAT NIGHT. There was another LEO in his car outside. They didn't stop us or anything, but I did think it was funny.

Sorry for the long post and bad grammer.

EDIT: MODS CAN YOU PLEASE FIX THE TITLE? IT SHOULD READ "HAD THE COPS CALLED ON US"

LEO 229

imported post

It does seem a little odd for one to be out in the car. I think they were called and one came inside to check you out.

People do rob those counters for the good drugs so they had a right to feel scared. Having said that.... you were "valid customers" and I have not known any criminals that waited to havescript to be filled and then rob the counter for some oxy too.

The LEO must have known the law and saw you did nothing wrong. he did was was required and allowed you to be on your way without stopping you.

Good job LEO!

SicSemperTyrannis

imported post

Wow! Sure beats my experience at a CVS in Short Pump in March of 2006 (I was detained, disarmed, spread eagle, searched, then treated rudely... later, the officer was disciplined by Internal Affairs and the Commonwealths Attorney).

It seemsthe officers knew the law and acted responsibly in balancing your rights with the fact that drug stores are especially tempting targets for robbery...

vrwmiller

imported post

Glad it ended well and the LEO did not engage. Simply observing a subject and assessing the circumstances can be enough to figure out what one needs to figure out.

Tomahawk will say it and so will I...the ignorant citizens that call are the people that tick me off. It's an irrational fear of an inanimate object. Since when does a criminal walk into a pharmacy with an openly carried holstered sidearm and wait for their prescription to be filled before committing their robbery?

HankT

State Researcher
imported post

SicSemperTyrannis wrote:
It seemsthe officers knew the law and acted responsibly in balancing your rights with the fact that drug stores are especially tempting targets for robbery...

This is a very insightful analysis.

Tremendously better than that of the OP.

P.S. I remember your encounter, SST. The LEOs treated you BAD. And you handled the post-event complaint stuff very effectively. Kudos to you again.

Ghettokracker71

imported post

It was scary for me b/c I've never even walked by a LEO while OCing. But I was very impressed by the officers,seeing as they didn't stop me when I was breaking no law. My first reaction was my heart started beating really fast,but then I got the car ,and Amanda and I just looked at each other and started laughing so hard:p

AbNo

imported post

Ghettokracker71 wrote:
It was scary for me b/c I've never even walked by a LEO while OCing. But I was very impressed by the officers,seeing as they didn't stop me when I was breaking no law. My first reaction was my heart started beating really fast,but then I got the car ,and Amanda and I just looked at each other and started laughing so hard:p

You'll get used to it.

Just wait until you get pulled over coming back from the range, with a bunch of recently fired guns, and your buddy is smoking menthols. :lol:

SicSemperTyrannis

imported post

Ghettotracker71 wrote:

"It was scary for me b/c I've never even walked by a LEO while OCing. But I was very impressed by the officers,seeing as they didn't stop me when I was breaking no law. My first reaction was my heart started beating really fast,but then I got the car ,and Amanda and I just looked at each other and started laughing so hard:p"

I HEAR YOU! My heart started pounding when I saw the officer as well... then he started coming straight at me with a nasty look on his face!! Turns out, my officer was at the CVS for personal reasons, no one had called him (although a Henrico PD Captain was caught lying to Philip Van Cleave when he claimed the officer was responding to a citizen call). I was with my two best friends and it was my BIRTHDAY! They had open carried with me before (although they weren't that night), and they were shocked as well.... it helped that I hadtwo other, law-abiding witnesses who were upstanding citizens with me.... they were also interviewed (on tape) about the incident....