• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Va Tech Gun Ban

TEX1N

imported post

LEO 229 wrote:
Stating the criminals are better armed was said as a joke in regards to the DC gun ban. Are they better armed?? Maybe they are. DC cannnot tell you for sure since they cannot catch a cold. :p

The topic of the police having unnecessary items has been discussed at length in several other threads.

The items mentioned here been mentioned before. Since they are being mentioned again.. I chose to agree that the police should not have them... :Sarcasm:
I understand that I am entering a conversation laced with sarcasm, in an attempt to point out a rather obvious and serious point. I'll take my chances with that...

It is irrelevant as to whether the criminals are better armed than the police or not, because the criminals don't prey on the police (or at least not primarily)...they prey on the unarmed citizenry. And I think we can all agree that the criminals are much better armed than "the people" of DC!

Just as CHO was not better armed than the police, only the students and faculity of VT. Ironically enough he didn't choose to attack the police.

And therein lies the real problem...

LEO 229

imported post

TEX1N wrote:
I understand that I am entering a conversation laced with sarcasm, in an attempt to point out a rather obvious and serious point. I'll take my chances with that...

It is irrelevant as to whether the criminals are better armed than the police or not, because the criminals don't prey on the police (or at least not primarily)...they prey on the unarmed citizenry. And I think we can all agree that the criminals are much better armed than "the people" of DC!

Just as CHO was not better armed than the police, only the students and faculity of VT. Ironically enough he didn't choose to attack the police.

And therein lies the real problem...

Gun bans only keep them out of the hands of the people following the law.

In regards to banning at VT..... it can only work if you check everyone as they enter the building.

You cannot do it using the honor system... Only the honest people not wanting to kill others will be unarmed.