• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Norfolk knows we're coming...

tapper95

imported post

I know it is no secret since Van Cleave and possibly others are signed up to speak, but this is the news story so far... Tomorrow they should have a little more to write about... Something like "Huge turnout in Protest of Arrests... Law illegal and in direct violation of State Code."

http://content.hamptonroads.com/story.cfm?story=131245&ran=72344

Gun rights group to protest arrest at Norfolk's Harborfest

[align=right] class=verdanasmallThe Virginian-Pilot
© August 28, 2007 | Last updated 1:57 PM Aug. 28

class=arialbodyNORFOLK -– Members of the Virginia Citizens Defense League, which lobbies against restrictions on guns, plan to attend tonight’s City Council meeting to protest the recent arrest of one of their members who brought a gun to Harborfest.
Before the festival, the council passed an ordinance regulating safety at Harborfest that included a ban on guns. But state law prohibits local governments from banning guns in most public places.
The criminal charge against Chester Szymecki Jr. was later dropped; he has said he will sue the city.
The meeting begins at 7 p.m. at City Hall, 810 Union St.
For more on this story, see Wednesday's Virginian-Pilot. [/align]