• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Kinda off topic... but found some very old bullets...

b1ack5mith

imported post

i was metal detecting in my back yard (kevin u totally need to come over, theres alot more out here lol)and after 30 mins i had already found 2 amazing things! my first find, i was VERY excited over, a REM-UMC 30-30 (at the time, i didnt know it was a UMC) found at 5 inches deep, so its an oldie, cant tell exactly how old...

my 2nd find was a BAYER cap (medicine?) and it was 4" deep, so it was probably dropped around the same time of the bullet (really old looking cap) my 3rd find was RIGHT on top... the interesting thing, its a rare military bullet from 1943, called the DEN 43. this one is EXPLODED! pretty cool lookin aye!? i cant find ANY pics, or ANY info about it other than it was only made in 43!

IMG_0084.jpg

IMG_0087.jpg

IMG_0088.jpg

IMG_0090.jpg

apollosmith

imported post

That's pretty cool. The DEN 43 isn't a terribly unique round. It's a 30-06 from the Denver plant in 1943. It's classic WWII ammo and LOT'S of them were made. You can even still get unsealed boxes of the stuff. It looks like it was probably put in a fire, so if anything, this might mean there was a camp at your location, so I'd keep looking for other surprises lurking around.

b1ack5mith

imported post

woahhhh a military camp...?! man if there was one of those on my property...

now youre making me wonder whats on my land, because i detected 3 or 4 spots on my back yard (that have never had a sprinkler system, so i know thats not it) and they range from 1 foot to 3 feet long, and come up with a strong signal, at around 8" deep... i might dig one up tomarrow... (kinda scarred at what ill find, i hit a spot, and it sounded empty when i smacked my shovel on it)

b1ack5mith

imported post

and not yet combat! i will sooon! i just made 37$ online from takin surveys, and thats almost half the price of a hipoint! so once i get my handgun, and get a few rounds under my belt (dont wanna look like an idiot in a traning course lol) ill be ready :)

and if anyone in my area has a metal detector, or wants to get into it, contact me, come over, and im SURE ill get you hooked!

combatcarry

imported post

Be sure and get some sort of training before you get your high point. I really don't want to hear that you shot your leg off. ;)

Utah Hunter Education is an inexpensive and effectiveform of training for someone in your situation.

combatcarry

imported post

One more thing blacksmith... With the $10 hunter education class you now get a free small game hunting license.

b1ack5mith

imported post

haha! really? im not much into killin stuff XD im more of a "if it can kill me, ill kill it first" kinda person :)

(is snake considered small game? id love a nice hat out of 20 or 30 of those!)