Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Who did their part today?

Founder's Club Member

Post imported post

I went with the intent to add a couple new boom sticks to the collection but was rather disappointed in the currently available selection. So I at least bought 1 box of ammo for every caliber and gauge I have and a bunch of new accessories I have been needing. I wish I had more time to visit different stores...damn these weekday shopping trips.

Oh yea, very important item...I was informed that ammo is going up another 15% in September:shock:

Alexandria, Fairfax County, Virginia, USA

Post imported post

Toad wrote:
    I went with the intent to add a couple new boom sticks to the collection but was rather disappointed in the currently available selection. So I at least bought 1 box of ammo for every caliber and gauge I have and a bunch of new accessories I have been needing. I wish I had more time to visit different stores...damn these weekday shopping trips.

Oh yea, very important item...I was informed that ammo is going up another 15% in September:shock:

1 Bersa .45
    1 Kimber .45 Ultra Raptor
    1 Uncle Mike's holster
    1 Serpa CQC holster
    1 Serpa double mag holder
    1 cleaning kit
    1 hoppes gun cloth
    350 rounds of ammo (.45 ACP)

Thank you, Mr. Jackson
    Laws alone can not secure freedom of expression; in order that every man present his views without penalty there must be spirit of tolerance in the entire population. -Albert Einstein

State Researcher

Post imported post

Tess wrote:
    Toad wrote:

1 Bersa .45
    1 Uncle Mike's holster
    1 Serpa CQC holster
    1 cleaning kit
    1 hoppes gun cloth

Thank you, Mr. Jackson
    Nice bag Tess! Looks like you went all out today!

Post imported post

200 rounds of ammo, and a bunch of parts/accessories from MidwayUSA...
    "The very atmosphere of firearms anywhere and everywhere restrains evil interference - they deserve a place of honor with all that's good." - George Washington

Post imported post

About a hundred bucks of ammo at The Armory. Who says Jesse Jackson's antics never lead to anything productive?

Post imported post

http://img261.imageshack.us/img261/3358/p1010006nm9.jpg
    http://img261.imageshack.us/img261/2216/p1010007ll9.jpg
    http://img261.imageshack.us/img261/4716/p1010008no0.jpg

MY new 1911.... :celebrate

The Serpa needs to be broken in a bit, or I need to get used to it... Still happy, though.

Oh, and a box of WWB .45ACP, so it could be ready to go.
    Why open carry? Because 1911 > 911.

Post imported post

It's out here in Colorado, but who needs two topics!

- Colt SAA replica by Uberti
    - Leather holster for SAA from El Paso Saddlery
    - SERPA CQC for my XD
    - 50 rounds of .45LC
    - 150 rounds of .45ACP
    - 100 rounds of .380ACP
    - 160 rounds of .223
    - 100 rounds of .30-06
    - A free slice of pizza from the owner of the gun store while the check was going through

Post imported post

Is this gun/ammo buying for another Bloomberg Gun Giveaway or what?

Post imported post

Yes. Now pony up, what'd you get?
    Why open carry? Because 1911 > 911.

Post imported post

I purchased two boxes of .40 and two boxes of 7.62X39 for my EVIL AK-type weapon of mass destruction. I purchased the ammo from the same gun store where Jesse Jackson was holding his protest. I even used my PayPal debit card so as to thumb my nose at the anti-gun eBay while I was at it. :P

Post imported post

Horrid Mischief wrote:
    I purchased two boxes of .40 and two boxes of 7.62X39 for my EVIL AK-type weapon of mass destruction. I purchased the ammo from the same gun store where Jesse Jackson was holding his protest. I even used my PayPal debit card so as to thumb my nose at the anti-gun eBay while I was at it. :P
    Not to rain on your parade, but doesn't e-bay own paypal? (http://www.internetnews.com/ec-news/article.php/1476411 ) I realize this link is very old; did I miss where they de-linked?
    Laws alone can not secure freedom of expression; in order that every man present his views without penalty there must be spirit of tolerance in the entire population. -Albert Einstein

Post imported post

Yes, they do - hence his "thumb my nose" comment.

I ordered four more AK parts kits, which will of course be built on homemade, non-serialed, non-registered receivers.

Post imported post

Yes, ebay does own paypal; and they are both anti-gun. BUT....I have a debit card that is linked to my paypal account where I had some money. I can use the debit card just like any other account, so I used it to buy ammo.

Post imported post

Dumb question, but where can I find the details of where to buy stuff(or was it one day only?). I don't see anything on the VCDL website regarding anything recent.

Post imported post

FYI, the 28th was unofficially a "Buy a Box of Ammo" in response to Jesses Jackson's call for a gun-free day...

I bought a new leather double mag holder that I just might get accessorized with "JJ" for Jesse Jackson Gun Day...

Post imported post

A new shoulder holster for my snubby.

Post imported post

200 rounds of .45, 100 rounds of .40 and a new set of shooting eyes.

Momma didn't let me get the new 1911

Post imported post

(edit) Double tap

Post imported post

A new set of muffs and a camo hat.

Post imported post

sjhipple wrote:
    Dumb question, but where can I find the details of where to buy stuff (or was it one day only?). I don't see anything on the VCDL website regarding anything recent.
    Seth, it was part of the VA-ALERT back on 7/16 - a member wrote in that he had a Bloomberg gun and a Clinton gun (see http://opencarry.mywowbb.com/forum4/3822.html )

Jeff Knox at the Firearms Coalition, and several other pro-gun bloggers also advocated buying a gun or, if you couldn't do that, some ammunition on the same day as the Jackson/MMM/BradyBunch protests. That's how the whole thing came about.

Post imported post

Tess wrote:
    1 Bersa .45
    1 Uncle Mike's holster
    1 Serpa CQC holster
    1 cleaning kit
    1 hoppes gun cloth

Thank you, Mr. Jackson
    Tess, once you put some rounds down range with the Kimber want to give a review? I am looking at picking up a 1911 for carry but have been pretty confused about what I want to buy. Everything is hearsay on 1911s, this company is good, that one is bad, but this one is sometimes good.........

Post imported post

Scheetz wrote:
    Tess, once you put some rounds down range with the Kimber want to give a review? I am looking at picking up a 1911 for carry but have been pretty confused about what I want to buy. Everything is hearsay on 1911s, this company is good, that one is bad, but this one is sometimes good.........
    That one is spousal unit's. I'll probably get to fire it, but not very many rounds <grin>. It has a really nice feel to it, that's for sure.

Now, I do have a Rock Island Armory 1911 I bought last month. Darn near the sweetest thing I ever fired. Smooth, accurate, etc.

But I'll let you know.

Greatest fear is I'll get out to the range this week and find I hate the Bersa. I waited over 7 months for that thing

Post imported post

1000 Rounds 9mm

An 'Evil Ugly Black Rifle' with 2 30 Round Magazines
    500 Rounds .223

A Set of .223 reloading dies and shell plate.

It was a sacrifice, but as I tried to explain to my wife, it was my patriotic duty.

Egg

"Never pick a fight with an old spy. If he doesn't feel like fighting he'll just kill you."

T.S. Eggleston, DmAt, MSI - aka The Eggman
    www.TheEggman.com
    www.TheEgglestonGroup.com

"If You Can't Be Free, At Leat Be Irritating"

Post imported post

Tess wrote:
    Now, I do have a Rock Island Armory 1911 I bought last month. Darn near the sweetest thing I ever fired. Smooth, accurate, etc.
    I've got the RIA GI model. Very affordable, and very smooth since I put a full lenght guide rod in it. I also added a drop-in beavertail grip saftey to protect my sensitive hand
    "The very atmosphere of firearms anywhere and everywhere restrains evil interference - they deserve a place of honor with all that's good." - George Washington

Post imported post

Tess wrote:
    sjhipple wrote:
    Dumb question, but where can I find the details of where to buy stuff (or was it one day only?). I don't see anything on the VCDL website regarding anything recent.
    Seth, it was part of the VA-ALERT back on 7/16 - a member wrote in that he had a Bloomberg gun and a Clinton gun (see http://opencarry.mywowbb.com/forum4/3822.html )

Jeff Knox at the Firearms Coalition, and several other pro-gun bloggers also advocated buying a gun or, if you couldn't do that, some ammunition on the same day as the Jackson/MMM/BradyBunch protests. That's how the whole thing came about.
    Thanks, Tess.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast