• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Who did their part today?

Toad

Founder's Club Member
imported post

I went with the intent to add a couple new boom sticks to the collection but was rather disappointed in the currently available selection:(. So I at least bought 1 box of ammo for every caliber and gauge I have and a bunch of new accessories I have been needing. I wish I had more time to visit different stores...damn these weekday shopping trips.

Oh yea, very important item...I was informed that ammo is going up another 15% in September:shock:

Tess

Founder's Club Member
imported post

Toad wrote:
I went with the intent to add a couple new boom sticks to the collection but was rather disappointed in the currently available selection:(. So I at least bought 1 box of ammo for every caliber and gauge I have and a bunch of new accessories I have been needing. I wish I had more time to visit different stores...damn these weekday shopping trips.

Oh yea, very important item...I was informed that ammo is going up another 15% in September:shock:
1 Bersa .45
1 Kimber .45 Ultra Raptor
1 Uncle Mike's holster
1 Serpa CQC holster
1 Serpa double mag holder
1 cleaning kit
1 hoppes gun cloth
350 rounds of ammo (.45 ACP)

Thank you, Mr. Jackson :lol:

openryan

State Researcher
imported post

Tess wrote:
Toad wrote:

1 Bersa .45
1 Kimber .45 Ultra Raptor
1 Uncle Mike's holster
1 Serpa CQC holster
1 Serpa double mag holder
1 cleaning kit
1 hoppes gun cloth
350 rounds of ammo (.45 ACP)

Thank you, Mr. Jackson :lol:
Nice bag Tess! Looks like you went all out today!

Dutch Uncle

Campaign Veteran
imported post

About a hundred bucks of ammo at The Armory. Who says Jesse Jackson's antics never lead to anything productive?

denwego

imported post

It's out here in Colorado, but who needs two topics!

- Colt SAA replica by Uberti
- Leather holster for SAA from El Paso Saddlery
- SERPA CQC for my XD
- 50 rounds of .45LC
- 150 rounds of .45ACP
- 100 rounds of .380ACP
- 160 rounds of .223
- 100 rounds of .30-06
- A free slice of pizza from the owner of the gun store while the check was going through :lol:

Horrid Mischief

imported post

I purchased two boxes of .40 and two boxes of 7.62X39 for my EVIL AK-type weapon of mass destruction. I purchased the ammo from the same gun store where Jesse Jackson was holding his protest. I even used my PayPal debit card so as to thumb my nose at the anti-gun eBay while I was at it. :p

Tess

Founder's Club Member
imported post

Horrid Mischief wrote:
I purchased two boxes of .40 and two boxes of 7.62X39 for my EVIL AK-type weapon of mass destruction. I purchased the ammo from the same gun store where Jesse Jackson was holding his protest. I even used my PayPal debit card so as to thumb my nose at the anti-gun eBay while I was at it. :p

Not to rain on your parade, but doesn't e-bay own paypal? (http://www.internetnews.com/ec-news/article.php/1476411 ) I realize this link is very old; did I miss where they de-linked?

zoom6zoom

imported post

Yes, they do - hence his "thumb my nose" comment.

I ordered four more AK parts kits, which will of course be built on homemade, non-serialed, non-registered receivers.

Horrid Mischief

imported post

Yes, ebay does own paypal; and they are both anti-gun. BUT....I have a debit card that is linked to my paypal account where I had some money. I can use the debit card just like any other account, so I used it to buy ammo. :cool:

sjhipple

imported post

Dumb question, but where can I find the details of where to buy stuff(or was it one day only?). I don't see anything on the VCDL website regarding anything recent.

tapper95

imported post

FYI, the 28th was unofficially a "Buy a Box of Ammo" in response to Jesses Jackson's call for a gun-free day...

I bought a new leather double mag holder that I just might get accessorized with "JJ" for Jesse Jackson Gun Day...

vt357

imported post

A new set of muffs and a camo hat.
toothless.gif

Tess

Founder's Club Member
imported post

sjhipple wrote:
Dumb question, but where can I find the details of where to buy stuff (or was it one day only?). I don't see anything on the VCDL website regarding anything recent.

Seth, it was part of the VA-ALERT back on 7/16 - a member wrote in that he had a Bloomberg gun and a Clinton gun (see http://opencarry.mywowbb.com/forum4/3822.html )

Jeff Knox at the Firearms Coalition, and several other pro-gun bloggers also advocated buying a gun or, if you couldn't do that, some ammunition on the same day as the Jackson/MMM/BradyBunch protests. That's how the whole thing came about.