• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Who did their part today?

Scheetz

imported post

Tess wrote:
1 Bersa .45
1 Kimber .45 Ultra Raptor
1 Uncle Mike's holster
1 Serpa CQC holster
1 Serpa double mag holder
1 cleaning kit
1 hoppes gun cloth
350 rounds of ammo (.45 ACP)

Thank you, Mr. Jackson :lol:

Tess, once you put some rounds down range with the Kimber want to give a review? I am looking at picking up a 1911 for carry but have been pretty confused about what I want to buy. Everything is hearsay on 1911s, this company is good, that one is bad, but this one is sometimes good......... :banghead:

Tess

Founder's Club Member
imported post

Scheetz wrote:
Tess, once you put some rounds down range with the Kimber want to give a review? I am looking at picking up a 1911 for carry but have been pretty confused about what I want to buy. Everything is hearsay on 1911s, this company is good, that one is bad, but this one is sometimes good......... :banghead:

That one is spousal unit's. I'll probably get to fire it, but not very many rounds <grin>. It has a really nice feel to it, that's for sure.

Now, I do have a Rock Island Armory 1911 I bought last month. Darn near the sweetest thing I ever fired. Smooth, accurate, etc.

But I'll let you know.

Greatest fear is I'll get out to the range this week and find I hate the Bersa. I waited over 7 months for that thing :D

TheEggman

imported post

1000 Rounds 9mm

An 'Evil Ugly Black Rifle' with 2 30 Round Magazines
500 Rounds .223

A Set of .223 reloading dies and shell plate.

It was a sacrifice, but as I tried to explain to my wife, it was my patriotic duty.

Egg

roscoe13

Campaign Veteran
imported post

Tess wrote:
Now, I do have a Rock Island Armory 1911 I bought last month. Darn near the sweetest thing I ever fired. Smooth, accurate, etc.
I've got the RIA GI model. Very affordable, and very smooth since I put a full lenght guide rod in it. I also added a drop-in beavertail grip saftey to protect my sensitive hand ;)

sjhipple

imported post

Tess wrote:
sjhipple wrote:
Dumb question, but where can I find the details of where to buy stuff (or was it one day only?). I don't see anything on the VCDL website regarding anything recent.

Seth, it was part of the VA-ALERT back on 7/16 - a member wrote in that he had a Bloomberg gun and a Clinton gun (see http://opencarry.mywowbb.com/forum4/3822.html )

Jeff Knox at the Firearms Coalition, and several other pro-gun bloggers also advocated buying a gun or, if you couldn't do that, some ammunition on the same day as the Jackson/MMM/BradyBunch protests. That's how the whole thing came about.
Thanks, Tess.

GLENGLOCKER

imported post

I didn't get anything on the 28th but a week before I bought a used GLOCK 23 and the next day I bought a used GLOCK 17 that came with a 1000 rounds of ammo. Both private sales.

Cue-Ball

imported post

I wasn't able to get anything on the 28th, but I did manage to stock up the Saturday before. Bought 2200 rounds of 9mm and .380. I really should go buy another couple thousand before September, along with a bunch of 5.56 as well.