• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Gun rights group to protest arrest at Norfolk's Harborfest

Kevin108

imported post

From http://content.hamptonroads.com/story.cfm?story=131245&ran=72344

Gun rights group to protest arrest at Norfolk's Harborfest

The Virginian-Pilot
© August 28, 2007 | Last updated 1:57 PM Aug. 28

NORFOLK -– Members of the Virginia Citizens Defense League, which lobbies against restrictions on guns, plan to attend tonight’s City Council meeting to protest the recent arrest of one of their members who brought a gun to Harborfest.

Before the festival, the council passed an ordinance regulating safety at Harborfest that included a ban on guns. But state law prohibits local governments from banning guns in most public places.

The criminal charge against Chester Szymecki Jr. was later dropped; he has said he will sue the city.

The meeting begins at 7 p.m. at City Hall, 810 Union St.

For more on this story, see Wednesday's Virginian-Pilot.

AbNo

imported post

07ministerzk4.jpg

This just in: "Baghdad Bob" has been hired by the city of Norfolk, and issued a press statement.

"They are not near Norfolk. Don't believe them.... They said they entered with... handguns in the middle of the capital. They claim that they - I tell you, I... that this speech is too far from the reality. It is a part of this sickness of their plan. There is no an... - no any existence to the VCDL members or for rights in Norfolk at all."

"These villains, and in particular the villain Van Cleave, said they had attended our council meeting with 40 handguns to assassinate Mayor Paul D. Fraim. Not only are they disappointed, I think they are hysterical."

Sage of Seattle

imported post

"These villains, and in particular the villain Van Cleave, said they had attended our council meeting with 40 handguns to assassinate Mayor Paul D. Fraim. Not only are they disappointed, I think they are hysterical."

BBWWWAHAHAHAHAHAH!

He says "these villains planned to assassinate the mayor" and they're the hysterical ones?

+1 to all the VCDL members who showed up and spoke out on behalf of Mr. Szymecki.

vtme_grad98

imported post

Bubba Ron wrote:
AbNo wrote:
I figured if I couldn't be there, I'd at least have something good to contribute. :D
AbNo - this is not a game, nor is it an issue to have "fun" with.

Especially when you consider the fact that people from VCDL/OCDO only made up about half of the people there speaking out about police harassment. It's absolutely sickening to hear how they treat their own residents. Who would have thought that walking down the street, riding a bike, or sitting on your front porch were all considered probably cause for being a drug dealer. One woman talked about how her son, while walking a young woman home, was stopped without apparent cause. He was then arrested for obstruction of justice for refusing to provide his SSN.....after already giving the police his DL.

It sounds like NPD has long ago crossed the line of Color of Law violations. Anyone that actually got the contact info for that particular woman at the meeting should take a moment and let her know that she, and the others with her, should probably consider contacting the FBI about what is going on there.

Reverend73

Founder's Club Member
imported post

Abno you should edit your post to remove anything to do with assasinating anybody, whether it be in jest or not. Please use common sense, this is not a game.

HankT

State Researcher
imported post

AbNo wrote:
0o-28758.jpg

Pa. Patriot

State Researcher
Just a "wannabe" in Mtn. Top, Pennsylvania, USA
imported post

Reverend73 wrote:
Abno you should edit your post to remove anything to do with assasinating anybody, whether it be in jest or not. Please use common sense, this is not a game.

I agree, not because I have a problem with the humor aspect, but if nothing else to not give the idiots like HankT something to harangue you about which will further derail the intent of this topic.

kurtmax_0

imported post

I don't think the comment is that bad. I mean, he's just editing a quote by Baghdad Bob to apply to this situation. It's obviously satire. I mean, he even has the guy's picture...