• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Backed up a Cop out of Nowhere

xmirage2kx

imported post

A Little on the Mall ninja side of things. As long as you were not wearing your bullet proof vest, tactical thigh holster, and had 2 sets of cuffs on your belt as you do your movie style roll into the situation while displaying your shiny CCW badge and shouting “Freeze this is SLC CCW and I am ordering you to get on ground” I will let it go.

xmirage2kx

imported post

0270.jpg

xmirage2kx

imported post

bayboy42 wrote:
I still don't follow your snippets of bold information. I'll ask my question one more time, how does Utah Code Section 76-2-404pertain to your story?

He is saying that he could shoot the guys if needed because he was working along side a cop. Whether or not this is true in this case can be debated, but I beleive this was the point.

76-2-404. Peace officer's use of deadly force.
(1) A peace officer, or any person acting by his command in his aid and assistance, is justified in using deadly force when

By "acting by his (the cops)command (in this case by not opposing assistance)in his aid and assistance, is justified in using deadly force (if it is justified to begin with)

bayboy42

imported post

UTOC - don't delete the original post. It presents a unique situation that if you think long and hard about it has the potential to spark some dialogue that can be beneficial to all that think about the situation and respond!! At least tell me that you were starting to seethe point I was working my way at getting to.