• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

OC in movie theaters

bspurs5

imported post

We have a Regal theater here in Harrisonburg, and I'm ready to go see the Bourne Ultimatum. In the spirit of a shoot 'em up, and self-protection, I figured it would be another opportunity to OC with the wife.

Does Regal have any policies in place? Has anyone ever OCed at the Harrisonburg theater, or have any other general good or bad experiences?

hirundo82

imported post

The Regal Cinemas on University Blvd. has what looks like a standard sign from the chain posted.

It is only about 8.5"x11", so you have to be looking for it specifically, but among the many things it prohibits is firearms.

Ghettokracker71

imported post

Agent19 wrote:
The wife and I are heading to Chesterfield this weekend 9/16 so her mother can see the kids and we plan on seeing the new Jody Foster movie the "Brave One". Does anyone know of a theater in the area that doesn't have a problem with OC(I don't have my CHP yet)?

Thanks in advance.

By the way take a pass on seeing the new Kevin Bacon movie "Death Sentence"

I thought it sucked A**!!!!!

Oc'd in the Mutli plex on 28 last weekend no problems
I was asked to put my fixed blade knife in a sheeth on my belt in the car by a LEO at Commonwealth 20(on hull street,just off 288 ,PM me for directions.) once (before I had a handgun and was OCing that.) I've been three times with it on there,only ONCE did the LEO say anything,the other 2 times he just nodded to me...:celebrate

The closest place I know from there is in Southpark wich is Col Heights,just south of chesterfield.....Haven't been there yet,though. Commonwealth 20 is on the north side of chesterfield in brandermill/midlothian area.

Marco

imported post

attachment.php

Ghettokracker71

imported post

Agent19 wrote:
9/16 stopped by Common Wealth 20 on Hull in Chesterfield i think no problems

also hit the Barnes & Noble across the shopping center as well as Jersey Mikes subs
I got sick after eating there

We saw the Bourne Ultimatum it was pretty good
Lucky!!!! Maybe b/c I'm young and "crazy" looking with tats/pericings that I get hassled

tarzan1888

imported post

bspurs5 wrote:
We have a Regal theater here in Harrisonburg, and I'm ready to go see the Bourne Ultimatum. In the spirit of a shoot 'em up, and self-protection, I figured it would be another opportunity to OC with the wife.

Does Regal have any policies in place? Has anyone ever OCed at the Harrisonburg theater, or have any other general good or bad experiences?

You have been blessed with a brain. Use it.

“It is not meet that I should command in all things; for he that is compelled in all things, the same is a slothful and not a wise servant” :what:

You don't need to "Always" open carry, just like you don't need to "Never" carry concealed. :banghead:

You decide. ;)

murphyslaw

State Researcher
imported post

Yes regal theaters have a no gun policy.

two years ago I was asked to leave a regal theater while open carrying while I was with my mother and my little brother. I had sent a nice lengthy letter to regal entertainment group with no response. and I have still to this day not set foot in ANY movie theater.

vt357

imported post

Well it seems the last hope for carrying in non-posted movie theatres is gone. Anti-gun Regal is buying up Consolidated Theatres.

http://www.dailypress.com/features/dp-biz_theaters_0130jan30,0,3125128.story

Regal takes over theatre chain
Theatres operates cineplexes in Suffolk and Williamsburg.

By MIKE HOLTZCLAW
January 30, 2008

Regal Entertainment Group, the nation's largest theater chain, has announced the purchase of Consolidated Theatres, a regional chain that operates two cineplexes in Hampton Roads.

The Knoxville-based Regal chain announced plans earlier this month to purchase Charlotte, N.C.- based Consolidated, which operates 28 cineplexes in the southeast, including the Harbour View Grande in Suffolk and the New Town Cinema 12 in Williamsburg.

Other Consolidated theaters in Virginia include the Commonwealth 20 in the Richmond area, as well as two in Northern Virginia and one in Roanoke.

Consolidated opened the Harbour View Grande in November 2000 and added the New Town in November 2005.

According to a press release from Regal, the chain will pay $210 million for the Consolidated properties.Regal chairman and CEO Mike Campbell said the chain expects to finalize the deal "during the first half of 2008."

dave_in_delaware

imported post

The Regal Cinemas in northern Delaware have signs on their box office windowsprohibiting firearms of any kind (OC or CC). It's a small rectangle on their rules and regs sign, so you may have to squint to see it, but it's there. Plus, there are usually State Police inside the building to "enforce" it, especiallyOC.

mercutio545

imported post

Pretty much every theater I've gone to is posted, and there is usually a LEO on duty during the times I go. Definitely a better place to CC.