Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Walmart Banning CC and Open Carry?

Post imported post

Post imported post

Hopefully it's not true. It would be very sad to see an American company that has grow to the massive business that it is today by the business from Americans, many of whom are pro-gun, to ban something that is one of the most basic human rights, the right to be able to defend yourself. The day Walmart bans guns is the day that I will make every effort to not spend another cent there.

Post imported post

Just conceal carry it anyway they can't ask you to lift up your dress.

Post imported post

taurusfan wrote:
    I could understand banning OC....but only to keep customers happy.But to ban CC where you need to get a permit and have a good record... and nobody will see it??? Kinda dumb.

Founder's Club Member

Post imported post

Edited to remove dumb, embarrassing question.
    I'll make you an offer: I will argue and fight for all of your rights, if you will do the same for me. That is the only way freedom can work. We have to respect all rights, all the time--and strive to win the rights of the other guy as much as for ourselves.

If I am equal to another, how can I legitimately govern him without his express individual consent?

There is no human being on earth I hate so much I would actually vote to inflict government upon him.

Post imported post

mark edward marchiafava wrote:
    taurusfan wrote:
    My wife gets really pissed when I wear her dresses to conceal carry.

That is why I open carry. Besides, have YOU ever tried to walk all over WalMart in heels?
    Not me.. but I am going to run that question past Citizen.... I believe he can provide some expert testimony here.

Founder's Club Member

Post imported post

(pretending very hard to not be listening)
    I'll make you an offer: I will argue and fight for all of your rights, if you will do the same for me. That is the only way freedom can work. We have to respect all rights, all the time--and strive to win the rights of the other guy as much as for ourselves.

If I am equal to another, how can I legitimately govern him without his express individual consent?

There is no human being on earth I hate so much I would actually vote to inflict government upon him.

Post imported post

LEO 229 wrote:
    taurusfan wrote:
    I could understand banning OC....but only to keep customers happy.But to ban CC where you need to get a permit and have a good record... and nobody will see it??? Kinda dumb.
    Not to mention the locations of some wal-marts. I have one near me that doesn't even keep their $30 ink cartridges on the floor because they are scared of theft...you'd be crazy not to carry in there.

Post imported post

TEX1N wrote:
    LEO 229 wrote:
    taurusfan wrote:
    Not to mention the locations of some wal-marts. I have one near me that doesn't even keep their $30 ink cartridges on the floor because they are scared of theft...you'd be crazy not to carry in there.
    People stealing high numbers of small items are doing to to sell on eBay. They are not really a threat.

You have to worry near the bank counter and the pharmacy. People conducting their forced transactions there are often armed and desperate.

Post imported post

LEO 229 wrote:
    People stealing high numbers of small items are doing to to sell on eBay. They are not really a threat.

You have to worry near the bank counter and the pharmacy. People conducting their forced transactions there are often armed and desperate.
    Thanks for the tip - it makes perfect sense and helps us avoid high threat areas or at least turn up the attention meter if in those areas.

Post imported post

Just OC'ed at wallys in Woodbridge, as I do almost twice a week, usually late at night after work, and have never had a word said to me. Tonight was no different. No issues.

Post imported post

Renegade wrote:
    LEO 229 wrote:

Thanks for the tip - it makes perfect sense and helps us avoid high threat areas or at least turn up the attention meter if in those areas.
    Damn.... forgot the mention...

Often times criminals load up on items and head towards the front door. It is then that they are approached by the staff or store security. This is when the thief may display a gun of knife so he can make good on his escape.

So be watchful as you approach the doors and the area just inside. This is your greatest chance to say hello to a real life criminal.

Post imported post

Diesel23 wrote:
    "I spoke on the phone this morning with the district super. of the Southwest VA stores. He told me that they had been doing work with their legal department, and had cleared it with their home office to ban CCW and open carry in stores in Christiansburg, Fairlawn, Salem, and then Roanoke stores.
    He said that after the VA Tech shootings, customers and employees did not feel safe with people carrying firearms around in the stores. I asked him why they would deny citizens the right to defend themselves...he said that did not matter, and they were doing what they had every right to do.
    If ANYONE wants to contact him, his information is:
    Terry Sartain: 276-236-1269 (right now that is all the info I have)

Remember, lots of...if not all... stores in this state and others will fall into place with these as soon as they can see it will happen.....so will other store chains that look to wal-mart as an example."

This is outrageous! We must blame it on the antis! And the MMMers and all their Compromisers...

I guess the ostrich, head-in-the-ground strategy is not working?

The Wal-Mart Problem

http://opencarry.mywowbb.com/forum54/2780.html

Post imported post

Anybody heard any more stuff about this? I sincerely hope walmart doesn't ban carrying. Its bad enough ammo prices are going up,and walmart works the hell out of their workers with minimum pay,runs local businesses into the ground,you can't get ANY decent customer service there, AND usually I encouner the rudest ugliest nastiest 'low life' people there...... last thing we need is not to be able to carry as well.

Post imported post

Mom/Pop
    If you think like a Statist, act like one, or back some, you've given up on freedom and have gone over to the dark side.
    The easiest ex. but probably the most difficult to grasp for gun owners is that fool permission slip so many of you have, especially if you show it off with pride. You should recognize it as an embarrassment, an infringement, a travesty and an affront to a free person.

~Alan Korwin

Post imported post

http://opencarry.mywowbb.com/forum54/4495.html

I was actually asked to leave for OC at one. I don't know of anywhere else I can afford to shop though,its sad. Besides the fact that they are the only place I know of that actually has the stuff I buy

Post imported post

Ghettokracker71 wrote:
    Anybody heard any more stuff about this? I sincerely hope walmart doesn't ban carrying.
    Reading the latest on the cited GT thread, I think they're thinking on selling out the OCers on...but in a friendly way:

Which brings us back to my earlier point: Urge the district manager to continue to allowed concealed carry. His concern is customer reaction to open carry - very well - banning concealed carry does not further that goal. Plus allowing CCW while prohibiting open carry is consistent with Wal-Mart long time policy. The NM example and the teenage girl in the parking lot example should be pluses in the CCW column. Boycott threats would probably not work. Losing 2 to 5% of his customer base is nothing compared to the 40- 50% of soccer moms who might freak at open carry - it would be an easy business decision.

Be friendly, give him a business-friendly solution, and he may leave well-enough alone.

[font="verdana, arial, helvetica"][size=2][color=blue]
    Agent19 wrote:
    I've never been a fan of Walmart, I try no to shop there if it can be helped.

Just another reason to shop Target and ....
    So there it is, the new boycott on principle of the new millenium....I'll really try to stop buying stuff there because I'm absolutely and irrevocably opposed to their policies!

I wonder if Wal-Mart decides to ban either OC or CC, whether or not Target will follow....

Post imported post

I just bought 200 rounds of .45 AUTO in one of my localWal-Marts in VB - although I was carrying concealed at the time - the salesman was very helpful and evengave me some recommendations as to where to buy some "hard to find" ammo.

Post imported post

HankT:?[font="verdana, arial, helvetica"][size=2][color=blue][font="verdana, arial, helvetica"][size=2][color=blue]
    If you think like a Statist, act like one, or back some, you've given up on freedom and have gone over to the dark side.
    The easiest ex. but probably the most difficult to grasp for gun owners is that fool permission slip so many of you have, especially if you show it off with pride. You should recognize it as an embarrassment, an infringement, a travesty and an affront to a free person.

~Alan Korwin

Post imported post

Agent19 wrote:
    HankT wrote:
    [font="verdana, arial, helvetica"][size=2][color=blue]Agent19 wrote:
    I've never been a fan of Walmart, I try no to shop there if it can be helped.

Just another reason to shop Target and ....
    So there it is, the new boycott on principle of the new millenium....I'll really try to stop buying stuff there because I'm absolutely and irrevocably opposed to their policies!

I wonder if Wal-Mart decides to ban either OC or CC, whether or not Target will follow....
    I'll try to explain "try" for you Hank.
    I will only go there if I have
    no other alternative, the family and I drive across country twice a year and sometimes Walmart is the only game in town.
    I understood it the first time. You will boycott Wal-Martunless it's too too inconvenient.

Thoseprincipled boycotts--they're such a bother! :P

Agent19 wrote:

And NO company can truly ban CC unless they install metal detectors at all the doors, especially in States were the signage carry no weight.

I don't see why they couldn't do that if they wanted to. It would be very difficult to implement in a retail environment. But it could be done. They already do it in courtrooms, schools, airports, etc. across the land.

If we ever have 5 VT massacre-like events in succession in some malls/big box stores--people will be screaming to have the retailers do it.

Post imported post

In what state/locality do signs carry "no weight"?

Agent19 wrote:
    [font="verdana, arial, helvetica"][color=blue][font="verdana, arial, helvetica"][color=blue]
    I'll try to explain "try" for you Hank.
    I will only go there if I have
    no other alternative, the family and I drive across country twice a year and sometimes Walmart is the only game in town.

And NO company can truly ban CC unless they install metal detectors at all the doors, especially in States were the signage carry no weight.

State Researcher
    Just a "wannabe" in Mtn. Top, Pennsylvania, USA

Post imported post

apjonas wrote:
    In what state/locality do signs carry "no weight"?

PA and VA are two that I know of

Post imported post

Well -- Walmart Culpeper -- in and out twice in 1.5 hours. All over the store. Not a problem.

DC

Post imported post

I haven't been to a walmart since I was asked to leave. Don't worry,I'll be back soon.

Post imported post

Walmart in woodbridge tonight, no issues, as per the usual. I often OC there, late at night, tonight was more like, sloppy CC, t shirt just couldnt make up its mind as to how much of my rig it would cover...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast