• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Walmart Banning CC and Open Carry?

dng

State Researcher
imported post

Hopefully it's not true. It would be very sad to see an American company that has grow to the massive business that it is today by the business from Americans, many of whom are pro-gun, to ban something that is one of the most basic human rights, the right to be able to defend yourself. The day Walmart bans guns is the day that I will make every effort to not spend another cent there.

LEO 229

imported post

taurusfan wrote:
Just conceal carry it anyway they can't ask you to lift up your dress.
I could understand banning OC....but only to keep customers happy.But to ban CC where you need to get a permit and have a good record... and nobody will see it??? Kinda dumb.

LEO 229

imported post

mark edward marchiafava wrote:
taurusfan wrote:

My wife gets really pissed when I wear her dresses to conceal carry.

That is why I open carry. Besides, have YOU ever tried to walk all over WalMart in heels?
Not me.. but I am going to run that question past Citizen.... I believe he can provide some expert testimony here.

TEX1N

imported post

LEO 229 wrote:
taurusfan wrote:
I could understand banning OC....but only to keep customers happy.But to ban CC where you need to get a permit and have a good record... and nobody will see it??? Kinda dumb.
Not to mention the locations of some wal-marts. I have one near me that doesn't even keep their $30 ink cartridges on the floor because they are scared of theft...you'd be crazy not to carry in there.

LEO 229

imported post

TEX1N wrote:
LEO 229 wrote:
taurusfan wrote:
Not to mention the locations of some wal-marts. I have one near me that doesn't even keep their $30 ink cartridges on the floor because they are scared of theft...you'd be crazy not to carry in there.

People stealing high numbers of small items are doing to to sell on eBay. They are not really a threat.

You have to worry near the bank counter and the pharmacy. People conducting their forced transactions there are often armed and desperate.

Renegade

imported post

LEO 229 wrote:
People stealing high numbers of small items are doing to to sell on eBay. They are not really a threat.

You have to worry near the bank counter and the pharmacy. People conducting their forced transactions there are often armed and desperate.
Thanks for the tip - it makes perfect sense and helps us avoid high threat areas or at least turn up the attention meter if in those areas.

JustACitizen

imported post

Just OC'ed at wallys in Woodbridge, as I do almost twice a week, usually late at night after work, and have never had a word said to me. Tonight was no different. No issues. :cool:

LEO 229

imported post

Renegade wrote:
LEO 229 wrote:

Thanks for the tip - it makes perfect sense and helps us avoid high threat areas or at least turn up the attention meter if in those areas.
Damn.... forgot the mention...

Often times criminals load up on items and head towards the front door. It is then that they are approached by the staff or store security. This is when the thief may display a gun of knife so he can make good on his escape.

So be watchful as you approach the doors and the area just inside. This is your greatest chance to say hello to a real life criminal.

HankT

State Researcher
imported post

Diesel23 wrote:

[font="verdana, arial, helvetica"]"I spoke on the phone this morning with the district super. of the Southwest VA stores. He told me that they had been doing work with their legal department, and had cleared it with their home office to ban CCW and open carry in stores in Christiansburg, Fairlawn, Salem, and then Roanoke stores.
He said that after the VA Tech shootings, customers and employees did not feel safe with people carrying firearms around in the stores. I asked him why they would deny citizens the right to defend themselves...he said that did not matter, and they were doing what they had every right to do.
If ANYONE wants to contact him, his information is:
Terry Sartain: 276-236-1269 (right now that is all the info I have)

Remember, lots of...if not all... stores in this state and others will fall into place with these as soon as they can see it will happen.....so will other store chains that look to wal-mart as an example."
[/font]

This is outrageous! We must blame it on the antis! And the MMMers and all their Compromisers...

I guess the ostrich, head-in-the-ground strategy is not working?

The Wal-Mart Problem

http://opencarry.mywowbb.com/forum54/2780.html

Ghettokracker71

imported post

Anybody heard any more stuff about this? I sincerely hope walmart doesn't ban carrying. Its bad enough ammo prices are going up,and walmart works the hell out of their workers with minimum pay,runs local businesses into the ground,you can't get ANY decent customer service there, AND usually I encouner the rudest ugliest nastiest 'low life' people there...... last thing we need is not to be able to carry as well. :uhoh::uhoh:

HankT

State Researcher
imported post

Ghettokracker71 wrote:
Anybody heard any more stuff about this? I sincerely hope walmart doesn't ban carrying.
Reading the latest on the cited GT thread, I think they're thinking on selling out the OCers on...but in a friendly way:

[font="verdana, arial, helvetica"]Which brings us back to my earlier point: Urge the district manager to continue to allowed concealed carry. His concern is customer reaction to open carry - very well - banning concealed carry does not further that goal. Plus allowing CCW while prohibiting open carry is consistent with Wal-Mart long time policy. The NM example and the teenage girl in the parking lot example should be pluses in the CCW column. Boycott threats would probably not work. Losing 2 to 5% of his customer base is nothing compared to the 40- 50% of soccer moms who might freak at open carry - it would be an easy business decision.

Be friendly, give him a business-friendly solution, and he may leave well-enough alone.
[/font]

[font="verdana, arial, helvetica"]
Agent19 wrote:
I've never been a fan of Walmart, I try no to shop there if it can be helped.

Just another reason to shop Target and ....
So there it is, the new boycott on principle of the new millenium....I'll really try to stop buying stuff there because I'm absolutely and irrevocably opposed to their policies!

I wonder if Wal-Mart decides to ban either OC or CC, whether or not Target will follow....
[font="verdana, arial, helvetica"]

Bubba Ron

imported post

I just bought 200 rounds of .45 AUTO in one of my localWal-Marts in VB - although I was carrying concealed at the time - the salesman was very helpful and evengave me some recommendations as to where to buy some "hard to find" ammo.