• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Walmart Banning CC and Open Carry?

HankT

State Researcher
imported post

Agent19 wrote:
HankT wrote:
[font="verdana, arial, helvetica"]Agent19 wrote:
I've never been a fan of Walmart, I try no to shop there if it can be helped.

Just another reason to shop Target and ....
So there it is, the new boycott on principle of the new millenium....I'll really try to stop buying stuff there because I'm absolutely and irrevocably opposed to their policies!

I wonder if Wal-Mart decides to ban either OC or CC, whether or not Target will follow....
[font="verdana, arial, helvetica"]

I'll try to explain "try" for you Hank.
I will only go there if I have
no other alternative, the family and I drive across country twice a year and sometimes Walmart is the only game in town.

I understood it the first time. You will boycott Wal-Martunless it's too too inconvenient.

Thoseprincipled boycotts--they're such a bother! :p

Agent19 wrote:
[font="verdana, arial, helvetica"][font="verdana, arial, helvetica"]
And NO company can truly ban CC unless they install metal detectors at all the doors, especially in States were the signage carry no weight.

I don't see why they couldn't do that if they wanted to. It would be very difficult to implement in a retail environment. But it could be done. They already do it in courtrooms, schools, airports, etc. across the land.

If we ever have 5 VT massacre-like events in succession in some malls/big box stores--people will be screaming to have the retailers do it.
[/font]
[/font]

apjonas

imported post

In what state/locality do signs carry "no weight"?

Agent19 wrote:
no other alternative, the family and I drive across country twice a year and sometimes Walmart is the only game in town.

And NO company can truly ban CC unless they install metal detectors at all the doors, especially in States were the signage carry no weight.

JustACitizen

imported post

Walmart in woodbridge tonight, no issues, as per the usual. I often OC there, late at night, tonight was more like, sloppy CC, t shirt just couldnt make up its mind as to how much of my rig it would cover... :)

vrwmiller

imported post

We have 2 Wal*Marts where I live. I OC in one of them very regularly and the other semi-regularly. I've never had a problem in either of them.

Doug Huffman

Banned
Washington Island, across Death's Door, Wisconsin,
imported post

Pa. Patriot wrote:
apjonas wrote:
PA and VA are two that I know of

[/font]
[/font]

A sign with "weight" is meticulously prescribed in SC. The sign is intended to be burdensome to prevent shop owners posting it willy-nilly, for instance at the request of a chamber of commerce. A roll-up door's sign is required to be 4' x 8' and all entrances must be posted.

Either we are equal or we are not. Good people ought to be armed where they will, with wits and guns and the truth. NRA KMA$$

Texasdoc

imported post

was in Wal-mart just 15 minutes ago and had no problem the Girlfriend works there and the whole crew knows me and has said nothing the DM was in last week and we talked for a good 5 minutes about the Kimber that I was carrying OC and he was looking to get one as he liked the way it looked and the idea that you can carry it with so ease.

I asked him about it and he was very open to the idea that his customers where protecting themselves .

Doc

DeadCenter

imported post

Agent19 wrote:
apjonas wrote:

Agent19 wrote:

PA, VA, NV

Forgive me if I missed it. Am I reading that signs banningOC or CC have no validity in VA?

DC

zoom6zoom

imported post

Yes, in Virginia such signs are not backed by any law, such as the 30.06 legislation in Texas, where the signs are only valid if they follow specific guidelines as to size, wording, etc.

In Virginia, you can be charged with misdemeanor tresspass if you are asked to leave and don't comply, but that's all.

If a location (like Potomac Mills Mall, for instance) is posted with their little signs, you're probably going to get hassled if you OC, but concealed is concealed, if they can't tell neither will I.

JimMullinsWVCDL

State Researcher
imported post

Doug Huffman wrote:
Pa. Patriot wrote:
apjonas wrote:
PA and VA are two that I know of

[/font]
[/font]

A sign with "weight" is meticulously prescribed in SC. The sign is intended to be burdensome to prevent shop owners posting it willy-nilly, for instance at the request of a chamber of commerce. A roll-up door's sign is required to be 4' x 8' and all entrances must be posted.

Either we are equal or we are not. Good people ought to be armed where they will, with wits and guns and the truth. NRA KMA$$

In West Virginia, property owners may exclude open and/or concealed carry from their property but no notice carries the weight of law unless a person is found to be in violation and is confronted, at which point the person must leave the premises or cure his violation of the prohibition or restriction. Only if a person refuses to leave or come into compliance do criminal penalties apply. W.Va. Code § 61-7-14.(Note: this is the only section of the West Virginia Code that makes any specific mention of open carrying.) Missouri has a similar law, Mo.Rev. Stat. §571.107.

Of course, as in most other states, an employer could discipline (up to an including firing) employees without the need to offer an opportunity to cure.