• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Cross-state OC

CA_Libertarian

State Researcher
imported post

The company my father works for out of Mesa, AZ had a truck break down while a crew was up in Redding. Now the truck is fixed and they need someone to drive it back to their HQ. So, tomorrow I'll be travelling up to Redding, then back down south to AZ via I-5 & I-10.

I'm not sure if I will be OCing on this trip. Even though I know how to do so legally, I'm not sure it's worth the risk of being 'detained' for several hours every time I stop for gas. Then again, this kind of trip is the type of scenario where I may be targetted as a victim - out of state plates, work truck with valuable equipment, etc. I might just wait and see how I feel tomorrow.

The first pit stop I see after I cross into AZ, I plan to pull off to lock and load. I'll be OCing everywhere I go in AZ.

If you don't hear from me by this time next week, I'm probably in some Southern California jail cell. Send bail money. ;)

CA_Libertarian

State Researcher
imported post

Well, I made it back, but didn't OC as much as I had planned to.

Between travel delays on the way to Redding and other issues, I didn't have the find the time or a private place to dig my Glock out of my luggage for most of the trip.

I stopped for the night in Banning (east of L.A.), and OC'd the morning I left. Went to an Arco station for gas & breakfast. Got a few strange looks, but nobody said anything.

Stopped again in Indio for gas. A guy at the next pump asked, "is that a 9mm on your hip?" I told him it is a .40cal. He asked what size magazine. I briefly explained the law about magazine size.

Once in AZ, as I passed mile marker 1, loaded up. Carried most of the time while I was there - the weather there makes even OC extremely uncomfortable.

Got a couple goofy comments from some of my family members (most of whom have felony convictions, so I chalk it up to jealousy).

Carried into Bank of America in Apache Junction to cash a check. They were extremely busy, so they had 3 clerks walking the line to handle "deposit-only" transactions. They didn't seem concerned at all with my firearm. The lady behind me in line stared rudely, but didn't say a word to me.

Other than this, it was a typical weekend.