• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Dad Teaches Son Shooting

Pa. Patriot

State Researcher
Just a "wannabe" in Mtn. Top, Pennsylvania, USA
imported post

What an idiot.

That was no accident, that was pure negligence. As soon as he turned and bent down I could see the carelessness in the way he was holding the gun.

Not to mention he did not either clear and stow or put gun on safe and put back in holster.
Not to mention the whole finger on the trigger and pointing (careless again) in an unsafe direction while carelessly handling. AArgg... There is too many wrong things to list.
I repeat. WHAT AN IDIOT.

unrequited

imported post

Why the hell would he take this video and then proceed to upload it? Bury your head in shame, take a couple dozen remedial firearms safety courses, and buy your kid WHATEVER he wants for the next 5 years because you almost didn't have him anymore.

HankT

State Researcher
imported post

unrequited wrote:
Why the hell would he take this video and then proceed to upload it?
That's a good question. A form of penance, maybe? An honest attempt to warn others? Maybe he got down on his knees, prayed for forgiveness andwas inspired to do it.Sometimes, amazingly, people will actually admit when they make a mistake. Even if it is a big one. It's rare, but it happens.

I thought of the possibility that the vid is fraud. But that wouldn't make much sense...

hogleg

imported post

All I can say is this guy better be thanking whatever God he prays to that he did not kill his kid. What a total moron! Many rules broken here, anyone of them could have prevented this idiocy.

The sad things is there are too many idiots out there utilizing thier second ammendment rights. Yes Idiot's do have a second ammendment right. These are the fools that the Brady Campaign loves to see. However, $40 for an hour or two of quality professional firearms training can be had almost anywhere and is well worth it.

I know quite a few firearms trainers that would spend extra time and effort with this guy and his kid to make sure they get it right, for free.

hogleg

imported post

Watching this again it looks like he is trying to decock and slips. He has his thumb on the Hammer. I imagine he got a good whalloping or broken thumb out of the deal. Which serves him right.