Thread: New Member Intro

Post imported post

Hello. I moved to AZ from CA about 10 months ago. So far I really like it out here. I get my kicks from off roading, camping, and many other outdoor activities so this is a fun place for me.

I dont have a lot of experience with firearms. I have shot a .22 bolt action rifle. That was fun. Felt similar to a bb gun. I have also used a 12 gauge shotgun both regular style and pistol grip. Cool, but not very fun getting bruises..maybe Im just a wimp

Well my birthday is next week and me and my gf have been wanting a gun for a while. I was supposed to get a 22" flat screen for my computer. We were having lunch together a few days ago and my gf wanted to go to some shop. It just so happens it was next to a gun store.. I ended up getting my bday present early. I didnt know anything about what to buy so I put my trust in the salesman. I told him my budget and my plans for the weapon. He recommended a Springfield xd. So I got the 4" service model 40 caliber. I havent shot it yet but I have spent way too much time in these forums. I plan on shooting it this weekend.

My reasons for getting a gun are as follows. Its my right,and I strongly believe in excersing your rights. Its when you stop using them that they are taken from you. A lot of people have lost their lives in an effort to protect our rights. Self defense is another reason. Although I dont plan on ever using it in that manner Its good to know I have that option.I wont be keeping it bedside though. I have a rottweiler and 2 boxers that sleep inside. They should, if nothing more, give me enough time to get up and get my gun from the closet. Who knows, after getting more comfortable with my gun that could change. I also plan on target shooting and possibly entering events in the future.

I plan on open carrying after I spend time getting to know my gun and have fully read all about the AZ gun laws. Im sure there will be times when I wear clothes that will conceal my gun so I plan on getting my ccw as well.

Ok Ill stop typing now. Thank you everyone who contributes to this site. I have learned a great amount already and enjoy observing everyones opinions and point of views. Ill see you around
    Attached Images Attached Images

Post imported post

Welcome to AZ, and welcome to OCDO!

Sounds like you got a great birthday present.

Post imported post

Welcome to Arizona. Once we are able to replace the current Arizona governer with one who is actually pro-gun rights we may even make Arizona the best state in the nation gun rights wise. She placed a big fat veto on several great pro gun bills this past session, and she ran for office as a pro gun liberal. Well now we know exactly how well the phrase pro gun & liberal go together - a real pro gun rights liberal is probably about as rare as a Martian. Well that isn't quite true, Martians might actually exist.

See the following URL for details on some of her actions to defeat great pro-gun legislation:

http://www.azcdl.org/AzCDL0607FinalWeb.pdf

Post imported post

agmobb.....Congrats on escaping California. The weather is nice but the gun laws are not. What area of AZ did you move to?

Campaign Veteran

Post imported post

agmobb - you might consider getting a small gun safe. Easily mounted next to your bed, under the nightstand or any other convenient place. They make your gun easily accessible in just a few seconds and are great if you ever have kids around. They can be had for about 100 bucks - cheap insurance.

Post imported post

Armed4Life wrote:
    agmobb.....Congrats on escaping California. The weather is nice but the gun laws are not. What area of AZ did you move to?

Yeah the weather was nice. I do miss going to the beach and my family but thats about it. I moved to Queen Creek. I would actually like to move further north to escape this heat though.