• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

E-Mails Save Lives????

LEO 229

imported post

Actually.. I have a better idea. Since this would not inform everyone as some could have dead batteries or left the phones at home...

I say they should get an emergency warning siren!!

imagewrap.img

Every time a guy walks up with a gun... they can hit the button to warn the entire community!!!

67GT390FB

imported post

LEO 229 wrote:
Actually.. I have a better idea. Since this would not inform everyone as some could have dead batteries or left the phones at home...

imagewrap.img

Every time a guy walks up with a gun... they can hit the button to warn the entire community!!!
I believe you mean every time a guy walks up using a gun. Many of walk around carrrying guns all the time and would not appreciate having the air raid siren sound off everytime we chose to do so.

LEO 229

imported post

67GT390FB wrote:
LEO 229 wrote:

I believe you mean every time a guy walks up using a gun. Many of walk around carrrying guns all the time and would not appreciate having the air raid siren sound off everytime we chose to do so.
HAHA!! I was being funny and letting them take it to the extreme! :D

tarzan1888

imported post

LEO 229 wrote:
67GT390FB wrote:
LEO 229 wrote:

Don't worry, some of limited imagination are very myopic in regards to intentionalsarcasm.:banghead:

sccrref

imported post

I am not a guru on the subject but I would think that the schools would have some issue with the students having the ringers on the phone turned on during class. What if they do not feel the vibes from the phone. This is a stupid attempt at an answer to the problem. Allow the carry of guns IAW the laws of the state.

LEO 229

imported post

Doug Huffman wrote:
Because of the risk of misinterpretation 'humor' has no legitimate place in public/political rhetoric.

leo666 wrote:
Your a dnab Nazi!

Awww, I wuz jus' funnin' ya!

The conspiracy of ignorance masquerades as common sense.
Where was this posted?

dichamw

Alexandria (Fairfax County), Virginia, USA
imported post

Asked Kaine to show some leadership - Thats a waste of time. He has that same liberal duty to retreat, cut and runmindset that contribute to things like this.This is the kindash.t you get from the Mayor of Washington DC. I though Virginia was a step above DC.

Email will save your life.If someone reads them and take them serious. If the email system don't crash, like most do all the time. Who the hell got time to write an emailwhen they are getting shot at, remind me of the Great save your life dependable and fast 911. Blam Blam... hey what that number I need to dial now Blam Blam.... You GOT email, your options are.

Praise the lord and Pass the ammo.

67GT390FB

imported post

tarzan1888 wrote:
LEO 229 wrote:
67GT390FB wrote:
LEO 229 wrote:

Don't worry, some of limited imagination are very myopic in regards to intentionalsarcasm.:banghead:
Me Bwana Joe you Tarzan. Bwana Joe make fun of Bwana LEO 229 statement. Didn't call LEO 229 stupid reject mall ninja. Tarzan need take off Mr Magoo glasses and play with :monkey. Maybe you one needexpand imagination.

tarzan1888

imported post

67GT390FB wrote:
tarzan1888 wrote:
LEO 229 wrote:
67GT390FB wrote:
LEO 229 wrote:

Me Bwana Joe you Tarzan. Bwana Joe make fun of Bwana LEO 229 statement. Didn't call LEO 229 stupid reject mall ninja. Tarzan need take off Mr Magoo glasses and play with :monkey. Maybe you one needexpand imagination.

roflmao1.gif
roflmao1.gif
roflmao1.gif
roflmao1.gif

That proves you have a sense of humor.
roflmao1.gif

mercutio545

imported post

Yeah, VCU made it mandatory to put a "what to do in an emergency" section in our class syllabi. Here's what they say:

[font="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif"]What to Know and Do To Be Prepared for Emergencies at VCU
1. Sign up to receive VCU text messaging alerts (http://www.vcu.edu/alert/notify). Keep your information
up-to-date.
2. Know the safe evacuation route from each of your classrooms. Emergency evacuation routes are posted in on-campus classrooms.
3. Listen for and follow instructions from VCU or other designated authorities.
4. Know where to go for additional emergency information (http://www.vcu.edu/alert).
5. Know the emergency phone number for the VCU Police (828-1234). Report suspicious activities and objects.
[/font]

Like that will help much. I wonder what will be better at saving my life. A text message, or a .45...hmm....

TraumaRN

imported post

LEO 229 wrote:

imagewrap.img

VCU actually has installed a siren on each campus, have yet to hear it or be told what I am listening for. :what:

openryan

State Researcher
imported post

I think the email saves lives is actually and alterior motive by cellular phone companies to up their text message revenue!

Blackberry-ers beware!

Maybe they could create a gun that can receive email alerts -- It could tell you when to shoot.

bellbw

imported post

I didnt read the link...but here at vcu here is what they have done to make us sooooo much safer. You can sign up for emergency text messaging so they text you if something is happeneing...even though some classes deduct points from your participation grade if your phone goes off in class because you did not silence it or turn it off before hand....slightly contradictory. I don't think they quite have all of that rigged up, but they are close. Anyway, I also heard they are going to use sirens that have not been tested since WW2 that will be tested mid September. So soothing to know how much safer I will be once these two measures are in full effect!@:celebrate....:cuss:

nickerj1

imported post

My University of Maryland campus tested their emergency alert system at 8am on a saturday morning. Speakers blaring from the top of the library, heard by everyone within a 2 mile radius, and everyone was hungover and stumbling out of the dorms in their pajamas.

It wasn't an air raid siren and it wasn't someone speaking. It sounded more like a car alarm, but 10 times as loud.

Everyone was pissed off that they did it on a Saturday morning. And if they had set the alarm off while a Cho was on the quad with an automatic gun, he would of mowed down hundreds of people while they stumbled out of the dorms trying to figure out what in blazes was going on. So yeah, I imagine it's extremely effective. :banghead: