• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Anybody want to do an OC Freedom Walk?

Kevin108

imported post

There's no money involved, no sponsorship or anything like that. It's just a community event about patriotism and remembrance. What's more patriotic than exercising the rights so many brave men and women have fought for over the years? The only question I have is whether or not the fact that it's being held in Harbor Park is an issue. If it is, maybe do Portsmouth instead?

From http://www.hamptonroadsfreedomwalk.org

America Supports You is a nationwide program launched by the Department of Defense to recognize citizens' support for our military men and women and to communicate that support to members of our Armed Forces at home and abroad. The Hampton Roads Region recognizes the week surrounding September 11th as one of remembrance for all Americans that democratic freedom can never be taken for granted.
The following cities will be hosting a Freedom Walk: Chesapeake, Hampton, Newport News, Norfolk, Portsmouth, Suffolk, Virginia Beach, and Williamsburg.

Norfolk Freedom Walk
Tuesday, September 11
5:30 pm
Harbor Park, Norfolk

C

ccloud43

imported post

Im up for it if i dont have to work that day. or maybe i'll just take a vacation day. :celebrate

Kevin108

imported post

I could have sworn I'd edited the original post before now but I see that I haven't. Anyway, I found out that I'm going to be out of town for work when this is going on so obviously I can't make it. Sorry!