Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Gun Stores in No. Va

Post imported post

The gun shop I usually shop at is all the way in Warrenton...quite a hike for me. I like them, but are there any places in Arlington/Fairfax/Alexandria or that general area?

Founder's Club Member - Moderator longwatch's Avatar

Post imported post

Gilberts in Lorton, 10-8 down the street from gilberts, Trophy Room in Alexandria, National Pawnbrokers in Arlington, Dicks in Baileys Crossroads. Further out there is Dawsons in Woodbridge, Quantico Armsby Potomac Mills, Guns and Ammo Warehouse out in Manassas.

Post imported post

Don't forget Blue Ridge Arsenal in Chantilly. http://www.blueridgearsenal.com/

Post imported post

XD Owner wrote:
    Don't forget Blue Ridge Arsenal in Chantilly. http://www.blueridgearsenal.com/
    They aren't much of a "gun shop" but more of a range that rents guns and sells ammo and happens to have a few pieces on consignment, but I'd say Gilbert's is much more of a "gun shop" than Blue Ridge. There's Loudon Guns up in Leesburg, too, which was pretty well-stocked, at least it looked that way the one time I went there. That's quite a hike from Alexandria, though...

Post imported post

If you think like a Statist, act like one, or back some, you've given up on freedom and have gone over to the dark side.
    The easiest ex. but probably the most difficult to grasp for gun owners is that fool permission slip so many of you have, especially if you show it off with pride. You should recognize it as an embarrassment, an infringement, a travesty and an affront to a free person.

~Alan Korwin

Post imported post

Nobody's mentioned Virginia Arms in Manassas yet? Great guys! http://www.virginiaarms.com/index.html
    There's also Dominion Arms in Manassas, but they can be a bit iffy.

Guns&Ammo Warehouse isn't far from VA Arms:
    http://www.gunshopfinder.com/bytownresults.asp?ID=4228

Post imported post

zoom6zoom wrote:
    Nobody's mentioned Virginia Arms in Manassas yet? Great guys! http://www.virginiaarms.com/index.html
    There's also Dominion Arms in Manassas, but they can be a bit iffy.

Guns&Ammo Warehouse isn't far from VA Arms:
    http://www.gunshopfinder.com/bytownresults.asp?ID=4228
    VA Arms is a decent enough place. I bought a pistol from them a few years ago.

Over the last few months, my perception of them has changed somewhat...for example, when the Roanoke Times released the CHP list, I went in a couple of weeks after that fiasco and a couple of the employees had no clue what I was talking about when I mentioned it.

Additionally, one of the employees posts on a pro-gun forum (I don't remember which one) and has been outwardly opposed to OC and, on occassion, hostile towards people who support it. IIRC, the employee felt that OC should be banned, but I don't remember off the top of my head what he said. I do remember it being out in left field.

So...because one of our very own OC proponents works for Guns and Ammo Warehouse, I have been frequenting them more often.

You also mention Dominion Arms...I've known it's been there for several years and have never gone in to check the place out. It's location is not exactly prime real estate and the shopping center looks generally unkept. What makes you say it's "iffy"?

Post imported post

Yeah I can't go to Virginia Arms because I can't stomach paying the salary of a man who publically denounced the Tonys 7 in public and on the internet.

Post imported post

longwatch wrote:
    Yeah I can't go to Virginia Arms because I can't stomach paying the salary of a man who publically denounced the Tonys 7 in public and on the internet.
    What's with all these Gunshop owners not supporting the 2nd Amendment??! I was in a Gunship in Culpeper during a summer clerkship and the owner told me he wished that the gov't would close the "gunshow loophole" so people wouldn't be able to get around registering their guns (i.e. so people would buy more from him). I left in a hurry.

It was a little place on Main St., but I can't remember the name of it.

Post imported post

To be sure I didn't say that the owner ofVirginia Armsis anti-OC, just one of the employees 'Looey' is.

Post imported post

longwatch wrote:
    To be sure I didn't say that the owner ofVirginia Armsis anti-OC, just one of the employees 'Looey' is.
    You are correct. "Looey" (which is the handle he goes by on...heck, what was it? glocktalk? I don't remember.) is the one that is anti-OC. I've only met the owner once and that was nearly 5 years ago. I don't remember him expressing any opinions one way or the other on any multitude of issues.

Post imported post

:?
    If you think like a Statist, act like one, or back some, you've given up on freedom and have gone over to the dark side.
    The easiest ex. but probably the most difficult to grasp for gun owners is that fool permission slip so many of you have, especially if you show it off with pride. You should recognize it as an embarrassment, an infringement, a travesty and an affront to a free person.

~Alan Korwin

Post imported post

I'm also not a big fan of VA Arms for the reasons listed above. They've given me some bad advice, and also tried to strongly suggest the way in which I should store my handguns.

I went in there and asked one of the employees about a soft case for a handgun. He immediately started interrogating me on how I store my handguns and giving me his expert advice on the subject. I don't appreciate someone who doesn't know me, telling me the way I should or shouldn't do something, only because he is a supposed expert in the field.

It's happen to me a lot of time where I've had them try to impose their expert advice on me without invitation.

Since then I've started to shop at Guns & Ammo, where they will they will try and impose their free coffee on you, and then allow you to shop in a friendly environment!

Post imported post

You also mention Dominion Arms...I've known it's been there for several years and have never gone in to check the place out. It's location is not exactly prime real estate and the shopping center looks generally unkept. What makes you say it's "iffy"?
    Lousy selection, lousy prices, lousy service.

Post imported post

Tex1n, so what was he saying that it would attract moisture or what?

It sure looks pretty how they have the guns on the wall at Virginia Arms but there are no bargains to be had and the salespeople are not cool cats. As I was leaving the store I was thinking, "bye bye, this place is not for me." It seemed to be an antiseptic place for inexperienced gun people to get their first weapons, hence, the salesmen pontificate and make speeches.

Post imported post

taurusfan wrote:
    Tex1n, so what was he saying that it would attract moisture or what?
    No, he went on a rant about how handguns should be stored in a safe and not a soft case.

Me: "Excuse me, do you have any more soft cases, or is this your entire stock?"

Him: "That's all we have...are you planning on storing the gun in a soft case?"

Me: "Um...no." (I wasn't sure where he was going with this, or else I would have replied very sarcastically.)

Him: Rant begins...

I'm not saying that you should or shouldn't store you handguns in a safe. I believe that there are situation for each, and that each individual gun owner should make that decision.

I was just really peeved that I got preached at for something that had nothing to do with what I was asking. I was also annoyed because with my previous, albeit less-eventful, experiences with VA Arms, this incident didn't surprise me.

Guns and Ammo Warehouse is about 3 minutes down the road from VA Arms. Some of there prices are higher than VA Arms, but the quality of service is definitely worth it.

Post imported post

I recently purchased my first gun at Blue Rdige Arsenal (new glock 23c) and it was a pleasant experience.

Founder's Club Member

Post imported post

The Range in Stafford. On Potomac Creek Drive off of Route 1. Paul and Bing are pretty good guys. Prices are a bit on the high side though. Paul is an armourer.

Post imported post

Got the itch today looking at all the guns I couldn't afford at the show. Ended up at G&AW and a NAA Black Widow ended up following me home.

Post imported post

There's an authorized Orvis dealer in Old Town Alexandria who sells everything from high end shotguns toonly quality handguns. He aint cheap, but he's there right by the art gallery and the Warehouse restaraunt. He's actually located below the Subway if he's still there. I haven't been in months. Just so you know.

Post imported post

Still missing Shooters Paradise. Dawson's in Woodbridge, and Gander Mtn. in Fredricksburg have the best selection in my opinion.

Post imported post

sjhipple wrote:
    longwatch wrote:
    What's with all these Gunshop owners not supporting the 2nd Amendment??! I was in a Gunship in Culpeper during a summer clerkship and the owner told me he wished that the gov't would close the "gunshow loophole" so people wouldn't be able to get around registering their guns (i.e. so people would buy more from him). I left in a hurry.

It was a little place on Main St., but I can't remember the name of it.
    I know where your talking about, it's the only gun shop in culpeper on main st. used to be M&M sporting goods, guess it still is, haven't been to town for a few years, regardless their prices sucked, and anyone who knows where your talking about will know the shop......absolute pain in the ass to park in too.....prefer Clark brother's myself......

Post imported post

chesire17201 wrote:
    prefer Clark brother's myself......

I've had nothing but good experiences there...and they have a free range. They're quite a hike for me, but I keep going back. I was new to guns as of just a year ago and they helped me alot...but they're not pushy and only give answers when asked. The great thing was I didn't feel like an idiot asking a question...the only gun shop I've ever been in where I felt comfortable asking a dumb question.

I MIGHT check out one of the No.Va gun stores now that I know where they are, but I'll probably buy my next gun from Clark Bros (hopefully an XD Subcompact 9mm...Since I'm broke, it'll be my Christmas present).

used to be M&M sporting goods, guess it still is
    Yeah, that's it. Wasn't too impressed...especially after the guy said the thing about how we should close the gun show loophole.

Post imported post

Clark Bros. is a good shop. They are the shop where I chose to purchase my new Remington 700 .300 WinMag hunting rifle this year (can't wait for general firearms season to open up this year).

They answered my questions. They mounted my scope exactly as I asked. They helped me out. I was sold on the rifle I wanted to get...what I was looking for at that time was a place to buy it....

I checked out about half dozen places and chose them to purchase my rifle because the customer service was great.

Post imported post

longwatch wrote:
    tonys 7?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast