• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

First encounter with LEO while OCing

1FASTC4

imported post

That "incompetent Supreme Court" will shortly make the first statement confirming the "right of the people to keep and bear arms" in the history of this country.

when?

thx997303

imported post

so why do you feel that the military is not well equipped? what kinds of vests are peoples money being wasted on, because the military doesn't allow use of Privately owned vests. Not attacking you just wondering.

BigAZBob

imported post

I mean this in a good way... "Do you live in a vacum?" Just a few months back, both the Army and the Marines had Fox news, and the rest of the networks examining them under a microscope... There were hundreds of Moms and Dads screaming the vests were not either being supplied, or available. Google it, times and dates escape me. The bigget bitch was Mom and Dad were suppling better quality then "issue" vests. The Dept of Def. made amends... The problem is now very minimal... IT was just more Bush quality in Gov. " Hassain plotted to kill my Dad so he had to go"... SO, here we are.... years later, thousands killed, Cheanney/ Haliburton, Billions of your dollars and they [Iraq] were not part of 9/11... That is the direct result of Colen Powell resigning the Bush Admin.... Incidentially I would VOTE for him..... He's the type we need, the voice of reason in a widlerness of idiots.... I work for the fed... and it makes me sick. These are things that can be discussed. The real problems I can't discuss, Bush made a law about disclosure.... Oh yea, he has made it clear "whisleblowers" will be prosecuted under the patriot act... That makes you really want to get up and go to work.....doesn't it???

Gunslinger

imported post

BigAZBob wrote:
First, an attack on me will not change the facts. Second, I can only beleive that you are referring to the Washington DC case. Which a good thing IF the plaintiffs/petitioners prevail. Until the S.Ct. rules, it too is speculation. As for mainstream, I am not paid to "think inside the box" so mainstream thinking is not part of my job discription. Geo. W. may can in the favors, as he did to be Pres the 2nd time. You just never know..

Your reference to "black ops" I was at Na Trang, and Kontum, RVN and two tours later as a Marine. If you know anything then I have said enough. Not in A/C buildings, and other creature comforts the Air Force enjoyed. I never experienced those as a combat Marine. So your reference to black ops is suspect at best. Most people that were.... don't talk about it, particularly on a open message board.

As for Obama Bin Ladin, my personal opinion is that on the ballot there should be a box for "none of the above". I hope your not uninformed enough to vote for McCain, a Bush Clone because he's a home town boy. It is a shame too, because I was originally voting for him. Clinton is more Bill and she as first Lady is NOT qualified vicariously. People seem to forget that there are 5 suspiciuos MURDERS surrounding Bill, Hillary, and company. One good example was; If you watched the hype Hillary in Ohio, in front of hundreds of blue collar workers, said "she would look into Nafta" because of the jobs being outsourced... she voted in favor of NAFTA, every time.... against the people that need jobs. You know she's lying, because her mouth is moving. So yea we need her....

You may not know that the KKK gave Obama, someone I would not vote for either, $250k FOR HIS CAMPAIGN.

Since how we are precieved is how the world hates us, I propose that we Dig up Ronald Regan, and make him President because the Muslims would then think we are crazy enough to nuke them. Also, lets dip every single bullet, bomb, or missle in PIGS BLOOD, so the muslims can't get to heaven. I suspect that the war would end quickly. I am personally tired of US troops being blown up, shoot, or shot down and our troops aren't even equipted .... Mom and Dad are buying bullet proof vests for their sons and daughters because Bush won't pay for them... Yet, his father can make 3Billion dollars a year for Charro, [OPEC types] to keep diesel, and gas to near $4.00 and $5.00 a gal. Now you know what I think....in part.

So as for you reference to the S.Ct recent decision, you should spend some time in the advance sheets, you know the Shepards Yellow books that your office should have, and read the case before you think someone is wrong. I have read the case and as I said before I am waiting for the AG's OP. and then how it will be implimented at the field level...IT may be decided that it applies to VA only.... but the lanuage is not specfic to that fact....Just so you understand, I retired as a Calfornia Deptuy Sheriff, I worked in Tucson, for 2 yrs as a LEO, and now a Fed.. Being an Attorney is incidential and I am licensed to practice. I have been around to long to jump to conclusions about the winds of change..... I personally hope that the decision becomes state specific.

First, I didn't attack you, I merely disagreed. Second, my hootch was, in fact, air conditioned in Thailand, but the triple A they shot at us while supporting Marine LRRPs wasn't while I was in my hootch, or the O Club or the snack bar. It was while we were in the cockpit where we had to dump out our face mask mikes because the sweat got so heavy. Most of the grunts I know didn't care where we slept, they were damned glad to hear us coming when the doodoo hit the fan. Third, I believe the decision will be narrowly applied, which you cite. Not practicing, I don't have ready access to Shepard's Citations, but as I said would appreciate your updates, as you are directly involved. And my reference to 'black ops' deals with my past Air Force Program Management career, not my service in SEA.

Finally, in re McCain: there is no choice in this election, and a throwaway vote is moronic. I don't agree with him in many, many areas--the bs campaign finance reform, so-called, being preeminent. But I do remember his return with honor after 5 1/2 years keeping faith with his fellow POWs at the Hilton. His courage, honor and integrity are so far beyond the democrap candidates that they exist in another stratum.

The enemy is not on this forum. So you may want to keep the chip off your shoulder.

BigAZBob

imported post

As for "WHEN"? your guess is as good as mine.. I think it will be after the election as the rest of the country is also on hold...too.

I do wish Colin Powell would have agreed to run...I would vote for that man....or alternatively Jesse Ventura.. That would scare the _ell the A/H's he being a former Navy Seal, would stop the nonsense.

Mc Cain's extended vacation at the Hanoi Hilton... was a true mark of heroism and frankly can not be discounted. The reason that I have to consider not voting for him was his being a Bush "clone" more of the same. Most Democracies last less than 100 yrs..ours 225 plus. I am thinking that this country can't take much more with the complete lack of leadership we have experienced for the last 16 yrs... That is a very personal opinion... We have been put in another Vietnam situation, unless we get busy and take care of the problem.
If we have to withdraw, without a complete and total victory, guns laws will be the least of our problems.

Dahwg

imported post

BigAZBob wrote:
SNIP...Most Democracies last less than 100 yrs..ours 225 plus. I am thinking that this country can't take much more with the complete lack of leadership we have experienced for the last 16 yrs... That is a very personal opinion... We have been put in another Vietnam situation, unless we get busy and take care of the problem.
If we have to withdraw, without a complete and total victory, guns laws will be the least of our problems.
I couldn't agree more!

thx997303

imported post

No I do not live in a vacuum. I am currently a member of our armed forces. I was simply asking a question, stating an opinion kinda. I don't entirely agree with you BigAZbob, but thanks for having the courage to say it. Now if the sheeple had any of that courage. Oh and are you guys serious they are gonna rule in June? I really hope they rule that that ban is not constituional. That would be a hunge win for us 2A supporters.

Gunslinger

imported post

thx997303 wrote:
No I do not live in a vacuum. I am currently a member of our armed forces. I was simply asking a question, stating an opinion kinda. I don't entirely agree with you BigAZbob, but thanks for having the courage to say it. Now if the sheeple had any of that courage. Oh and are you guys serious they are gonna rule in June? I really hope they rule that that ban is not constituional. That would be a hunge win for us 2A supporters.
The opinion will come out in June. It is not in doubt that they will hold that the 2nd Amendment is an individual right, even the loonie anti-gun rabble concede that. And they will affirm the Appellate decision showing DC's law is unconstitutional on its face. The real key will be if they also hold the 2nd to strict examination. That means only if the state can prove a real threat to national security can any law be constitutional abridging the right in any significant manner. The question, in a nutshell, is how broad and far reaching their opinion will be. I can see a 7-2, or even 8-1 on the individual right portion, and vacating the DC law. But, with several separate opinions on how broad that decision is with respect to regulation. There is no doubt that state issue CCWs will continue as a state function. However, the Chicago and suburbs ban on handguns will, hopefully, easily be within its scope and thus become unconstitutional--although separate, state/muni action may be required to void them. In any event, This Bush Supreme Court will give us a victory in the most important rights ruling since the '60s. As I have previously stated.

BigAZBob

imported post

as for living in a vacum... it was not meant to be offensive, I have a very dry sense of humor. I am not sure which service you are currently assigned, but the Marines, my guys, were at the beginning of the war shamefully under equipted. I have 2 Marine fathers that went and purchased vests for their sons becasue "we don't have enough to issue" I believe that defect has been cured...

BigAZBob

imported post

Is it not interesting that some decisions that the S Ct. makes come in months and others years... When Bush overturned the assult gun ban, he got my vote for the 2nd term. His appointees to the S Ct., the jury is still out.... I am too, confident that the ruling will be in our favor, but how that will be applied..... is another story... I know from personal experience, that CA. is one of the most "gun unfriendly" states with the obivious others... NY, NJ, etc... Their answer is to make everyone a felon... I have CCW for Ca. from my yrs on the Sheriff's Office, but I get hasselled about once a year or so when I go there.. They tolerate Feds, [locals] but once I get out my Sheriff's ID the tone changes... I ask my son who is a DPS off. about the running of the serial number of the handgun, he said that was not normal... he suggested that maybe something said or done, was the reason. Also, if the guy was new... anything is possible.... all speculation.... He was a Joe's boy, and transferred to north AZ, 14 yrs later, DPS. One thing that was the changing fact, was a $14k raise just signing his name to the DPS card.... what an increase in income.... And.. they [DPS] provide EVERYTHING... even a brief case....go figure..

BigAZBob

imported post

I have a High School member that is my age and got out as a O-6 and now lives in Va. I wish that I could have gone to Iraq... but VN was enough.... Ooorah...

Gunslinger

imported post

thx997303 wrote:
I believe Iraq is in my near future.
Hooah!
Well, it's a dry heat...In SEA, it would be 90 before it rained, then 95 after. Humidity couldn't go up much. We had cobras, you have scorpions. The bg's wore black, yours wear white. Other than that, they still are just as dead when you do your job. Good luck and stay safe!:exclaim:

BigAZBob

imported post

thx997303 wrote:
I believe Iraq is in my near future.
Hooah!

I wish you the best and I have some friends there [Marines]. Siempre Fi ... soldier.... best of luck, keep your head down and your power dry.....get some pay back..for me.. for the dead soldiers..... not Bush's war....

Dip your bullets in pigs blood.... Alleja [sp] can go to hell with the rest..

thx997303

imported post

When I said near future I meant in a year or so but thanks for the support all the same.

And for our fallen soldiers

And when we get to heaven
To St peter we will tell
One more soldier reporting sir
I've served my time in hell

Never gone unless forgotten.

BigAZBob

imported post

What are you talking about the streets of Heaven are ALL gaurded by Marines.....haha

thx997303

imported post

Yeah I heard that one, and I'll be glad to see it someday. I love the marines. Just wouldn't want to be a marine.