• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Delegate Lingamfelter Needs Your Help!

TEX1N

imported post

I got this yesterday, but I'm just now reading it:
[line] The Lingamfelter Report
August 30, 2007

A Special Appeal for Help

Dear Friends,

As you know, our reelection campaign is in full swing. Each day I am out in our neighborhoods walking, listening, and learning about the issues that my constituents care deeply about. I need your help to continue my work in Richmond. Our next fundraising deadline is this Friday, August 31st. We are not quite where we need to be and quite frankly, without your help today, I don’t see us making it.

Could you please send a contribution of $25, $50, $100, $250, or even $500 right away? Any size donation you can spare would go a long way towards helping me win in November. We need to show my liberal opponent and the Democrat Party that we are serious about winning this election by having a solid financial report this Friday.

As you know, my opponent has deep pockets and we need to show that we can match him dollar-for-dollar. Your donation will tell the Democrats to stay away from this race. They won’t be able to win and should therefore use their money elsewhere. So, your contribution can make a true difference!

I have proudly been standing up for our values since being elected to the House of Delegates in 2001. I have and will continue to work for you by keeping taxes low and our economy strong, cracking down on illegal immigration, building world-class schools, defending life and the Second Amendment, and protecting private property.

To make a donation, please click on the “Donations” tab above or visit http://www.vote4scott.com/donate.asp and click on our safe and secure PayPal tab. I truly appreciate all you do to help me and my campaign. I look forward to seeing you on the trail.

Sincerely,
sig.gif

L. Scott Lingamfelter
Delegate, 31st District
Virginia House of Delegates
[line]
He has been good on guns, and recently - after talking to constituents and seeing the outcry - he has changed his position and is calling for a full repeal of the "Albo Abuser Fees."

TEX1N

imported post

For the purpose of full disclosure; it looks like as of 6-30-07, Lingamfelter was way ahead of Day in fund raising:

http://vpap.org/cands/cand_index.cfm?ToKey=COM00546

2007 General Election
Candidate Raised On Hand

Lingamfelter, Scott L (R) $153,134 $58,105
Day, William (D) $79,224 $59,715

So I'm not sure what has happened since then. I just know that it would not be a good thing to lose Lingamfelter in the General Assembly!