• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Sportsmans Warehouse St. George

combatcarry

imported post

I've never noticed the sign at the entrance to Sportsmans Warehouse. Yesterday I took the time to read it. I was pleasantly surprised. The policy is basically that all long-guns must be unloaded with the actions open prior to entering the store. All handguns must be unloaded (prior to entering) if you plan on removing them from your holster. Pretty good policy if you ask me.

I read the wording of the sign multiple times. I can't believe a store (in todays climate) will post a policy on the doorsallowing the open-carry and concealed carry of loaded handguns in their store. GOOD JOB SPORTSMANS WAREHOUSE! Looks like I will continue being a customer there!:celebrate

b1ack5mith

imported post

COOL! but unloaded as in NO ROUNDS IN THE CLIP...? or utah loaded? becauseeeee... leeeegally the gun IS unloaded even if theres ammunition in the mag :) (or just leave it in your holster i suppose lol)

xmirage2kx

imported post

combatcarry wrote:
The policy is basically that all long-guns must be unloaded with the actions open prior to entering the store. All handguns must be unloaded (prior to entering) if you plan on removing them from your holster.

This is geared to returns and servicing. They don’t want you unloading your gun while in the store because this is the most likely time to cause an issue (aka: some retard failing to check/unload his gun properly resulting in an AD/ND) so by removing all ammo from the gun Before you enter the store any AD/ND that happens does so off their property.

If you don’t plan on removing your gunfeel free to carry cocked and locked (in my opinion)

Kevin Jensen

State Researcher
imported post

The Sportsmans Warehouse in Provo has this same sign, however the Sportsmans in Midvale has a different sign. It says NO LOADED FIREARMS!

Kevin Jensen

State Researcher
imported post

Welcome colormered! Sportsmans warehouse has the same sign posted in all of their stores (In Utah) that state if you plan to unholseter you weapon, it must be unloaded. However, the Midvale has a bright orange sign on the other door that states that loaded weapons are disallowed. So I guess depending which door you enter through, you may or may not carry a loaded firearm. I plan to email them and ask them to remove this orange sign from the Midvale store. Their corporate sign already has their policy on it.

althor

imported post

b1ack5mith wrote:
COOL! but unloaded as in NO ROUNDS IN THE CLIP...? or utah loaded? becauseeeee... leeeegally the gun IS unloaded even if theres ammunition in the mag :) (or just leave it in your holster i suppose lol)
Loaded is defined (76-10-502). For a semi-automatic, leeeegally... the gun is not deemed loaded if there is no round in the chamber... period.