Thread: sunday shooting

Post imported post

i was informed by an employee of a local gs recently that nc law prohibits the discharging of firearms on my private range on my private property on sunday,which is ina rural area of the county, and5 miles fromcitylimits. i can't find any reference to this in nc statutes, anybody have any info on this? so far, i am assuming it to be bs.

marine dad

Post imported post

I have looked through documents provided by the Information Officer for the NC State Police and through the state code and never explicitly found anything prohibiting it. There could be local ordinances regulating the discharm of firearms for each individual municipality though.

Post imported post

ok thanks. i'm not sure if a local ordinance would be applicable in an unincorporated section of the county, though.

Post imported post

As I was going about some errands today, one thing I thought about was that being a hunting regulation. In Virginia, hunting is not permitted on Sundays. However, you can still go outdoors to your own range on your property and put some lead downrange, if you feel so inclined and provided the locality does not regulate the discharge of those firearms.