• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

sunday shooting

marine dad

imported post

i was informed by an employee of a local gs recently that nc law prohibits the discharging of firearms on my private range on my private property on sunday,which is ina rural area of the county, and5 miles fromcitylimits. i can't find any reference to this in nc statutes, anybody have any info on this? so far, i am assuming it to be bs.

marine dad

vrwmiller

imported post

I have looked through documents provided by the Information Officer for the NC State Police and through the state code and never explicitly found anything prohibiting it. There could be local ordinances regulating the discharm of firearms for each individual municipality though.

vrwmiller

imported post

As I was going about some errands today, one thing I thought about was that being a hunting regulation. In Virginia, hunting is not permitted on Sundays. However, you can still go outdoors to your own range on your property and put some lead downrange, if you feel so inclined and provided the locality does not regulate the discharge of those firearms.