Thread: Traveling to PA

Post imported post

Hi All,

I live in VA and will coming up to PA this weekend. Are the laws in PA similar to the gun laws in VA? Is there something I need to know about CC or OC in PA and if so where can I find such inf o?

Since I'm traveling through a state like MD as long as my firearm is locked in a case and ammo is locked in a seperate case I shouldn't have any problems correct?

The reason why I should be fine is becausePA has arecipratoryagreement with VA?

Any help here will be much appreciated.

Thanks!

State Researcher
    Just a "wannabe" in Mtn. Top, Pennsylvania, USA

Post imported post

Diesel23 wrote:
    Hi All,

I live in VA and will coming up to PA this weekend. Are the laws in PA similar to the gun laws in VA? Is there something I need to know about CC or OC in PA and if so where can I find such info?
    The best summary you can print out and read is probably the PA Gun Rights Flyer:
    http://opencarry.mywowbb.com/forum61/3424.html
    OC, CC and places off limits, etc.

Since I'm traveling through a state like MD as long as my firearm is locked in a case and ammo is locked in a seperate case I shouldn't have any problems correct?
    Yup. Since they are legal where you are from and where you are going you (reciprcity) should be fine if transported through MD as you outlined above.

State Researcher

Post imported post

Diesel23 wrote:
    Hi All,

I live in VA and will coming up to PA this weekend. Are the laws in PA similar to the gun laws in VA? Is there something I need to know about CC or OC in PA and if so where can I find such inf o?

The reason why I should be fine is becausePA has arecipratoryagreement with VA?

Any help here will be much appreciated.

Thanks!
    One nice difference in PA is no restrictions on carrying in a bar/restaurant.

James M. "Jim" Mullins, Jr., Esq.
    Admitted to practice in West Virginia and Florida.

Founder, Past President, Treasurer, and General Counsel, West Virginia Citizens Defense League, Inc.
    Life Member, NRA

Post imported post

O.k just to be nosey, where abouts in va are you leaving, and where you heading in Pa, just curious .....

Post imported post

Thanks all for the nice info! I will print the PDF out and take it with me.