• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Traveling to PA

Diesel23

imported post

Hi All,

I live in VA and will coming up to PA this weekend. Are the laws in PA similar to the gun laws in VA? Is there something I need to know about CC or OC in PA and if so where can I find such inf o?

Since I'm traveling through a state like MD as long as my firearm is locked in a case and ammo is locked in a seperate case I shouldn't have any problems correct?

The reason why I should be fine is becausePA has arecipratoryagreement with VA?

Any help here will be much appreciated.

Thanks!

Pa. Patriot

State Researcher
Just a "wannabe" in Mtn. Top, Pennsylvania, USA
imported post

Diesel23 wrote:
Hi All,

I live in VA and will coming up to PA this weekend. Are the laws in PA similar to the gun laws in VA? Is there something I need to know about CC or OC in PA and if so where can I find such info?
The best summary you can print out and read is probably the PA Gun Rights Flyer:
http://opencarry.mywowbb.com/forum61/3424.html
OC, CC and places off limits, etc.

Since I'm traveling through a state like MD as long as my firearm is locked in a case and ammo is locked in a seperate case I shouldn't have any problems correct?
Yup. Since they are legal where you are from and where you are going you (reciprcity) should be fine if transported through MD as you outlined above.

JimMullinsWVCDL

State Researcher
imported post

Diesel23 wrote:
Hi All,

I live in VA and will coming up to PA this weekend. Are the laws in PA similar to the gun laws in VA? Is there something I need to know about CC or OC in PA and if so where can I find such inf o?

The reason why I should be fine is becausePA has arecipratoryagreement with VA?

Any help here will be much appreciated.

Thanks!
One nice difference in PA is no restrictions on carrying in a bar/restaurant.