• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Traffic stop... LEO focuses on gun

Hubby_MC

imported post

Tape recording by officers is a matter of policy.
This is taken directly from the BPD Policy manual as referenced by the Boise City Ambusdsmans office in an incident in which the officer was found to have not tape recorded the contact. note that this is all public information obtainable from the Boise City Ambudsmans website by clicking this link.

http://www.boiseombudsman.org/InvestigativeReports/2007InvReports/07_0125.pdf

Hiredgun30

imported post

hey saint... u must always do 2 things when subjected to a stop like this.
1-- get his business card and while recording, get him to acknowledge his name after you read his name and badge number outloud. also he doent need to know that u are recording.i would also say the date and time outload to get that recorded.
2-- get a incident number

and if feel your rights were voilated contact
P.O.S.T. office of professional responsibility.

if it was boise p.d. contact pierce murphy.

Saint

imported post

Hiredgun30 wrote:
hey saint... u must always do 2 things when subjected to a stop like this.
1-- get his business card and while recording, get him to acknowledge his name after you read his name and badge number outloud. also he doent need to know that u are recording.i would also say the date and time outload to get that recorded.
2-- get a incident number

and if feel your rights were voilated contact
P.O.S.T. office of professional responsibility.

if it was boise p.d. contact pierce murphy.
Thank Hired...

This incident happened approximately a year ago and since then I have gotten a lot better at LEO encounters. I also have my CCW now which is helpful in that it eliminates any potential problems with other weapons or as to where my gun is in the car. Now I just need to go out and actually buy a personal recorder and i'll be all set :D