Thread: VCDL

Post imported post

Does anyone know if VCDL has ever thought of starting it's own forum? This way members can talk about issues etc?

I looked at PennCDL (Pennsylvania's version of VCDL) and they have a forum for members. Just think it would be a great tool to have.

Post imported post

Unofficially? This seems to be a great one for it... the people who hang around before/after VCDL meetings are the same people you see posting most frequently here. A lot of lurkers on this forum who say that they read but don't post as well.
    -Unrequited

Post imported post

Hey Deisel...use the search function here on OCDO.......I've seen this question asked before and there is a good reason why VCDL doesn't have its own forum........I just can't remember exactly what it is!

Post imported post

VCDL staff is 100% volunteer. And always has more activities needing warm bodies than it can fill, such as gunshow workers.

Post imported post

I have been thinking about doing gunshows,but I can only do it if I'm off (duh,lol.) . I will be joining the VCDL extremely soon, as I just started a new job and possible won't be paid for 4 weeks,I can't afford ANY other expense to make sure I have gas,and my bills are paid until I get my regular checks.

Post imported post

Honestly? For all intents and purposes, this is the unofficial official VCDL forum, as near as I can tell.
    Why open carry? Because 1911 > 911.

Post imported post

John Pierce, one of the founders of this site, is also the webmaster for the VCDL website. He does a great job on both sites!!

Post imported post

Diesel23 wrote:
    Does anyone know if VCDL has ever thought of starting it's own forum? This way members can talk about issues etc?

I looked at PennCDL (Pennsylvania's version of VCDL) and they have a forum for members. Just think it would be a great tool to have.

I don't know, butthe scopes of VCDL and OCDO are much different. The mission/self-description of the VCDL is directed at organizing political action involving Virginian human rights, with a strong focus onthe RKBA. OCDO is a far less structuredenitity thatis focused on the occurance and diffusionof open carry in the U.S. Since a big center of OCing is in Virginia, there is some overlap. I would guess though that most VCDLers do not OC. Yet some of the biggest recent political actions sponsored by VCDL are OC-related...andmuchof the discussion on OCDO is about VCDL issues.

I'd guess that PVC,JP and MS have kicked it aroundlong ago and decided to let OCDO be the vehicle for online VCDL forum talk. Seems to work OK.