• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

VCDL

Diesel23

imported post

Does anyone know if VCDL has ever thought of starting it's own forum? This way members can talk about issues etc?

I looked at PennCDL (Pennsylvania's version of VCDL) and they have a forum for members. Just think it would be a great tool to have.

unrequited

imported post

Unofficially? This seems to be a great one for it... the people who hang around before/after VCDL meetings are the same people you see posting most frequently here. A lot of lurkers on this forum who say that they read but don't post as well.

bayboy42

imported post

Hey Deisel...use the search function here on OCDO.......I've seen this question asked before and there is a good reason why VCDL doesn't have its own forum........I just can't remember exactly what it is!

Ghettokracker71

imported post

I have been thinking about doing gunshows,but I can only do it if I'm off (duh,lol.) . I will be joining the VCDL extremely soon, as I just started a new job and possible won't be paid for 4 weeks,I can't afford ANY other expense to make sure I have gas,and my bills are paid until I get my regular checks.

Bubba Ron

imported post

John Pierce, one of the founders of this site, is also the webmaster for the VCDL website. He does a great job on both sites!!

HankT

State Researcher
imported post

Diesel23 wrote:
Does anyone know if VCDL has ever thought of starting it's own forum? This way members can talk about issues etc?

I looked at PennCDL (Pennsylvania's version of VCDL) and they have a forum for members. Just think it would be a great tool to have.

I don't know, butthe scopes of VCDL and OCDO are much different. The mission/self-description of the VCDL is directed at organizing political action involving Virginian human rights, with a strong focus onthe RKBA. OCDO is a far less structuredenitity thatis focused on the occurance and diffusionof open carry in the U.S. Since a big center of OCing is in Virginia, there is some overlap. I would guess though that most VCDLers do not OC. Yet some of the biggest recent political actions sponsored by VCDL are OC-related...andmuchof the discussion on OCDO is about VCDL issues.

I'd guess that PVC,JP and MS have kicked it aroundlong ago and decided to let OCDO be the vehicle for online VCDL forum talk. Seems to work OK.