Thread: my first open carry

Post imported post

(sorta).

in the fun that is moving from one apt to the next, i was down to my last load (computer stuff and guns). put the 1911 in the waistband up front and the 38 in my pocket (so i could grab a small, but heavy box of stuff), then i notice a Bellingham PD walking the sidewalk i'm on (there was someting going on around there...), he saw the guns (and probably me putting the other in my pocket), didn't flinch just went on with what he was doing. he responded to my neighbor being a dumbass talking about "it's just like cops" (i guess a few cars rolled up on one house, and it looked like something was going on), the cop kinda let him know he was a dumbass (which i thought was great).

it's a weak open carry story, but i wasn't expecting a cop right behind me while handling everything.

Post imported post

I still get nervous when seeing a cop while open carrying, or hell, even concealing. Even though what you are doing is perfectly 100% legal (although I would get a holster for that 1911, putting it in waistband is a little dangerous and a cop could use it as "causing alarm" if he wanted) it is still a matter of "Great, he/she is going to give mecrap for carrying..."

Even though we shouldn't walk around assuming that, it is hard not to given the amount of negative experience regarding OC and police thus far.......

Post imported post

Sounds pretty fun! I only OC at work and a few times after getting off work. I have not yet seen a cop while OCing but have plenty of times when CC. I still get nervous.

Post imported post

best thing is to do is forget it about it that You are carrying a gun. Act normal, just as others and go on about your business thats it. Dont look around, make any suden movements, dont keep your hands near your guns that much and you will be fine. Always possess the attitude of "say what?" and keep on doing what you doing then you will see people will leave you alone.