• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

OCing to the 7-11

1stGlock36

imported post

So i pull up to the 7-11 parking lo tonight and i see a couple of hispanic guys and a couple black guys doing what seemed to me casing the place. as im parking the all turn ad give me the good 'ol stink eye as the enter their mini van (gangsta style lol) so any who they are giving me the stink eye as i exit my truck and of course im watching them and as soon my right hip comes into their view the apparently realize that im not like the rest of the folks in gilbert i have my glock. they all quickly look away and take off. i walk inside and Randy (the cashier) says dman steve am i glad to see you those punks have been coming in an out for awile now and kinda freaking me out.

so anywho i guess the moral of this is that i realized i dont have to pull my gun or make it any more noticable than it already is to frightensomeone who may have been attempting a beer run or worse case a robbery.

mzbk2l

imported post

I witnessed a beer run a couple of years ago. I had pulled up to Circle K and let a friend out, while I waited in the car. A few seconds later, a teenaged girl came RACING out of the store with a case of beer, ran around the corner of the building, and hopped into a waiting car to speed off.

I kind of laughed, and thought you must have to be very brave or very desperate to try it, then thought nothing more of it - until a couple of weeks later when I read that a clerk at a different store was killed trying to stop a beer run.

You never know when crime can rear its head, and - like you - I believe that being prepared is the best policy. I think if more of us carried more of the time, there would be far less "crime of opportunity" out there.

crtbc

imported post

agreed: I was OC my 1911 into some quicky mart one night and this BUILT hispanic guy is standing to my right and 2 other "suspicious" guys come in one cruises the beer section, one beelines for the bathroom. The guy looks at me noticed my thigh rig and says "whats that a 9 or 4d) with a smirk and chuckle, to which I reply 45 and you should have seen his whole deminer change, it was like 45 was the magic number or something LOL, anyways everything was good after that, no incident

dreamcro

Campaign Veteran
imported post

I went to a liquor store @ midnight this morning.( I work the afternoon shift so my times are off) So I went to this place in a grungy part of Mesa, to a nasty old store to get some Bourbon. The parking lot was packed with the people living the THUG life, bumping the bass, talking to the ho's (if you catch my drift). So I holstered my side arm and slipped in. The guy behind the counter asked my what I was carrying, and I told him a little about it.(SA XD-40 sub comp) Then he pulls out a ragged old .357, and says thats all he has. Just before I finished my acquisition of the afore mentioned Bourbon, 2 of the thug brothers walked in and seen my steel. I made my way out of the store to find their whole party had left. Damn I hate to ruin a good party.