• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Hunting accessory Q

Legba

imported post

This is a bit off-topic, but I want to get some kind of game bag for hunting this fall. A small canvas bag that would hold a couple of dead rabbits is all I need. The sporting goods places either have little "fanny pack" or oversized backpack stuff. I need more of a shoulder-slung man-purse kinda thing. Any suggestions? I had wanted to get an old WWI gas mask because the bag it came in was the right size, but some jerks outbid me on e-bay. Would current army surplus places have anything suitable?

-ljp

Legba

imported post

My vest pouch might be good for grouse or something, but I'd like to be able to store the bag limit (4) for rabbits without making trips back to the car or hauling around a garbage bag or something. A guy in the shop confirmed that army surplus should have something like gas mask bags that should fit, but they're open the same hours we are here - can't win. I guess I'll take a "lunch" trip over there as the season approaches. I may have to string them up otherwise. Thanks.

-ljp

OBXMIKE

imported post

+1 on the vest w/game bag. I have a "Ruddy Duck" brand upland vest. Holds @20-25 12 ga. shells, and will handily hold at least four rabbits, 2 squirrels, and one quail! :pCost @ $35 bucks, but is nice to have when you're walking all day in the field. Plus, you have pockets for drinks, lunch, extra ammo......

spurrit

imported post

Steal your kid's backpack. Or a big purse from the DAV store would work. I'd go with something in an earth tone.