Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Gun friendly businesses

Post imported post

I would like to see a list of businesses that take a pro oc stance.Its great to have the unfriendly list, but I think a list of businesses that support our right to carry would be helpful.

I want to support those businesses, evan if it means paying a few dollars more then if I were to shop at Wally World.

Post imported post

Between all the shootings at walmart,and then them attempting to banning carrying I've lost any bit of liking I have for walmart. I also watched some documentary movie about how it wrecks towns and ruins peoples lives~~Slave type labor at minimum wage

Post imported post

I agree with you there, I did a report on wal-mart in economics, and it destroys mom and pop stores no doubt.

So lets put some alternatives on the table

Post imported post

TheFix wrote:
    I would like to see a list of businesses that take a pro oc stance.Its great to have the unfriendly list, but I think a list of businesses that support our right to carry would be helpful.

I want to support those businesses, evan if it means paying a few dollars more then if I were to shop at Wally World.
    Sam's Club in Va Bch prefers their packing patrons to OC is what I was told by the manager there when I asked in early Aug 07. I have CCed and OCed at the WalMart on Nemo Pkwy in VA Bch with no trouble at all.

Post imported post

Pardon the double tap.

Post imported post

Here is a photo of a "guns welcome" sign in Texas. While I don't think Texas allows OC, here is a business that fully supports CCW's.
    I bet they don't get robbed often.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Post imported post

TX may not allow public OC but a store is private property.

Post imported post

Are there any signs like that in VA? Do any of us here at opencarry.org own businesses? Are any of us man enough to put up a similair sign?

cant let them Texas boys out do us Virginians

Post imported post

thorsmitersaw wrote:
    Are there any signs like that in VA? Do any of us here at opencarry.org own businesses? Are any of us man enough to put up a similair sign?

If I owned a traditional brick & mortar business, you can bet that I would certainly have a similar sign in my window. Though, I don't think I would limit it to concealed firearms. I would most certainly encourage open carrying of that firearm.

ccloud43

Post imported post

I dont know if you would consider these places OC friendly but I have never had a problem anywhere i have OC'ed in Va Beach. Here is a short list.

Walmart, 3 locations, Nimmo Pkwy, Lynnhaven Pkwy @ Princess Anne, and Sabre dr.

Lowes, Holland rd.

Shore Cuts barber shop, Holland Rd. (great haircuts, highly recommended).

Farm fresh all loctions

Food Lion all locations,

Wawa's

7/11, (thought i would get booted from here)

Like i said i have never had a negative response from anybody at anytime i have OC'ed in the Tidewater area. This is just a short list off the top of my head, but since i almost always OC (cant carry at all on any military base so I dont even count that) I feel i have been pretty lucky. But i know i will eventually have someone say something and I will be asked to leave.

Alexandria, Fairfax County, Virginia, USA

Post imported post

ccloud43 wrote:
    I dont know if you would consider these places OC friendly but I have never had a problem anywhere i have OC'ed in Va Beach. Here is a short list.

Walmart, 3 locations, Nimmo Pkwy, Lynnhaven Pkwy @ Princess Anne, and Sabre dr.

Lowes, Holland rd.

Shore Cuts barber shop, Holland Rd. (great haircuts, highly recommended).

Farm fresh all loctions

Food Lion all locations,

Wawa's

7/11, (thought i would get booted from here)

Like i said i have never had a negative response from anybody at anytime i have OC'ed in the Tidewater area. This is just a short list off the top of my head, but since i almost always OC (cant carry at all on any military base so I dont even count that) I feel i have been pretty lucky. But i know i will eventually have someone say something and I will be asked to leave.
    I think there's a difference between being OC-friendly, or OC-neutral, and proactively supporting rights to carry.

While I frequent a lot of places that are at least neutral, I can't think of any that actively court my OC business.
    Laws alone can not secure freedom of expression; in order that every man present his views without penalty there must be spirit of tolerance in the entire population. -Albert Einstein

Post imported post

There are alot of places that don't care till someone complains :P I'm looking for business that don't care when scared uninformed patrons complain.

Example:

Gander mountain has a sign welcoming gun toting patrons I will post a picture whenIgothis weekend.

Only firearms needing repair have to be checked in and unloaded.

ccloud43

Post imported post

TheFix wrote:
    There are alot of places that don't care till someone complains :P I'm looking for business that don't care when scared uninformed patrons complain.

Example:

Gander mountain has a sign welcoming gun toting patrons I will post a picture whenIgothis weekend.

Only firearms needing repair have to be checked in and unloaded.
    You wont find many places like that. Owners are looking for the almighty dollar and they know not many people OC. So they believe they will possibly loose a few customers because they kicked out someone OC'ing but will lose much more if they dont.that is just my opinion, and i will continue to look for gun friendly establishments and post same.

Post imported post

Spartans Family Restaurant, 703-503-5800, 9542 Burke Rd, Burke, VA 22015

I found this place because of another Gun forum.
    The OP stated the owner welcomed him and sharply discounted his bill even though he wasn't LE >
    The owner reportedly made a statement to the effect that armed persons keep the gangs/criminals away.

Ihave eaten there several times and will continue todo so.

If you think like a Statist, act like one, or back some, you've given up on freedom and have gone over to the dark side.
    The easiest ex. but probably the most difficult to grasp for gun owners is that fool permission slip so many of you have, especially if you show it off with pride. You should recognize it as an embarrassment, an infringement, a travesty and an affront to a free person.

~Alan Korwin

Founder's Club Member

Post imported post

Great! Doyou have to greet them with "Molon Labe"?

Post imported post

vrwmiller wrote:
    thorsmitersaw wrote:

If I owned a traditional brick & mortar business, you can bet that I would certainly have a similar sign in my window. Though, I don't think I would limit it to concealed firearms. I would most certainly encourage open carrying of that firearm.
    of course

hell I would encourage rifles!

Post imported post

thorsmitersaw wrote:
    vrwmiller wrote:
    thorsmitersaw wrote:

of course

hell I would encourage rifles!
    LOL shotguns are okay, but PLEASE no cammo or hunting dogs:celebrate

Post imported post

I have found Target to be extremely gun friendly at least in NoVA.
    If you think like a Statist, act like one, or back some, you've given up on freedom and have gone over to the dark side.
    The easiest ex. but probably the most difficult to grasp for gun owners is that fool permission slip so many of you have, especially if you show it off with pride. You should recognize it as an embarrassment, an infringement, a travesty and an affront to a free person.

~Alan Korwin

Post imported post

thorsmitersaw wrote:
    Sure you can...

Post imported post

I've never had a problem (yet) at:

Landmark, Springfield, Pentagon City, Malls

Sam's, BJ's, club stores (NOVA)

Wal-Mart at Kingstowne, Fairlakes, Woodbridge, Sterling

Target at Potomac Yards, Beacon Mall,Fairlakes

Best Buy's NOVA, and most shopping centers throughout NOVA including Giant, Shoppers, Safeway, and every restaraunt you can name. Even Micheals, Petco, Lowes, Home Depot leave me alone. I've only been harassedin the Giant at Beacon Mall.

People fear what they don't understand.

Post imported post

OCDC and VCDL should consider makinga list of OC Friendly places on their websites (like Spartans' in Burke) that we can patrolize without any worry orthought of getting a bunch oranti gun crap fromignorantpeople running the place.

Post imported post

Add Tyson Corner 1 to the list as gun friendly. I left it out of my original reply.

Post imported post

Placementvs.Calibur wrote:
    Add Tyson Corner 1 to the list as gun friendly. I left it out of my original reply.
    Tysons Corner is NOT gun friendly. You will be asked to leave the building if you OC.

True story.

Post imported post

Agent19 wrote:

I found this place because of another Gun forum.
    The OP stated the owner welcomed him and sharply discounted his bill even though he wasn't LE >
    The owner reportedly made a statement to the effect that armed persons keep the gangs/criminals away.

Ihave eaten there several times and will continue todo so.
    Good find in my area my friend. I appreciate it!

Post imported post

Good find in my area my friend. I appreciate it!

I think we should plan a OCouting at this eatery, after the Holidays.

~Alan Korwin

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast