• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Gun friendly businesses

TheFix

imported post

I would like to see a list of businesses that take a pro oc stance.Its great to have the unfriendly list, but I think a list of businesses that support our right to carry would be helpful.

I want to support those businesses, evan if it means paying a few dollars more then if I were to shop at Wally World.

Ghettokracker71

imported post

Between all the shootings at walmart,and then them attempting to banning carrying I've lost any bit of liking I have for walmart. I also watched some documentary movie about how it wrecks towns and ruins peoples lives~~Slave type labor at minimum wage

TheFix

imported post

I agree with you there, I did a report on wal-mart in economics, and it destroys mom and pop stores no doubt.

So lets put some alternatives on the table :)

sccrref

imported post

TheFix wrote:
I would like to see a list of businesses that take a pro oc stance.Its great to have the unfriendly list, but I think a list of businesses that support our right to carry would be helpful.

I want to support those businesses, evan if it means paying a few dollars more then if I were to shop at Wally World.
Sam's Club in Va Bch prefers their packing patrons to OC is what I was told by the manager there when I asked in early Aug 07. I have CCed and OCed at the WalMart on Nemo Pkwy in VA Bch with no trouble at all.

fairfax1

imported post

Here is a photo of a "guns welcome" sign in Texas. While I don't think Texas allows OC, here is a business that fully supports CCW's.
I bet they don't get robbed often. :lol:

Attachments

• 2923746840100152096S600x600Q85.jpg
    2923746840100152096S600x600Q85.jpg
    52.7 KB · Views: 595

Thors_Mitersaw

imported post

Are there any signs like that in VA? Do any of us here at opencarry.org own businesses? Are any of us man enough to put up a similair sign? :cool:

cant let them Texas boys out do us Virginians

vrwmiller

imported post

thorsmitersaw wrote:
Are there any signs like that in VA? Do any of us here at opencarry.org own businesses? Are any of us man enough to put up a similair sign? :cool:

If I owned a traditional brick & mortar business, you can bet that I would certainly have a similar sign in my window. Though, I don't think I would limit it to concealed firearms. I would most certainly encourage open carrying of that firearm.

C

ccloud43

imported post

I dont know if you would consider these places OC friendly but I have never had a problem anywhere i have OC'ed in Va Beach. Here is a short list.

Walmart, 3 locations, Nimmo Pkwy, Lynnhaven Pkwy @ Princess Anne, and Sabre dr.

Lowes, Holland rd.

Shore Cuts barber shop, Holland Rd. (great haircuts, highly recommended).

Farm fresh all loctions

Food Lion all locations,

Wawa's

7/11, (thought i would get booted from here)

Like i said i have never had a negative response from anybody at anytime i have OC'ed in the Tidewater area. This is just a short list off the top of my head, but since i almost always OC (cant carry at all on any military base so I dont even count that) I feel i have been pretty lucky. But i know i will eventually have someone say something and I will be asked to leave.

Tess

Founder's Club Member
imported post

ccloud43 wrote:
I dont know if you would consider these places OC friendly but I have never had a problem anywhere i have OC'ed in Va Beach. Here is a short list.

Walmart, 3 locations, Nimmo Pkwy, Lynnhaven Pkwy @ Princess Anne, and Sabre dr.

Lowes, Holland rd.

Shore Cuts barber shop, Holland Rd. (great haircuts, highly recommended).

Farm fresh all loctions

Food Lion all locations,

Wawa's

7/11, (thought i would get booted from here)

Like i said i have never had a negative response from anybody at anytime i have OC'ed in the Tidewater area. This is just a short list off the top of my head, but since i almost always OC (cant carry at all on any military base so I dont even count that) I feel i have been pretty lucky. But i know i will eventually have someone say something and I will be asked to leave.
I think there's a difference between being OC-friendly, or OC-neutral, and proactively supporting rights to carry.

While I frequent a lot of places that are at least neutral, I can't think of any that actively court my OC business.

TheFix

imported post

There are alot of places that don't care till someone complains :p I'm looking for business that don't care when scared uninformed patrons complain.

Example:

Gander mountain has a sign welcoming gun toting patrons I will post a picture whenIgothis weekend.

Only firearms needing repair have to be checked in and unloaded.

C

ccloud43

imported post

TheFix wrote:
There are alot of places that don't care till someone complains :p I'm looking for business that don't care when scared uninformed patrons complain.

Example:

Gander mountain has a sign welcoming gun toting patrons I will post a picture whenIgothis weekend.

Only firearms needing repair have to be checked in and unloaded.
You wont find many places like that. Owners are looking for the almighty dollar and they know not many people OC. So they believe they will possibly loose a few customers because they kicked out someone OC'ing but will lose much more if they dont.that is just my opinion, and i will continue to look for gun friendly establishments and post same.

Marco

imported post

Spartans Family Restaurant, 703-503-5800, 9542 Burke Rd, Burke, VA 22015

I found this place because of another Gun forum.
The OP stated the owner welcomed him and sharply discounted his bill even though he wasn't LE >
The owner reportedly made a statement to the effect that armed persons keep the gangs/criminals away.

Ihave eaten there several times and will continue todo so.

Thors_Mitersaw

imported post

vrwmiller wrote:
thorsmitersaw wrote:

If I owned a traditional brick & mortar business, you can bet that I would certainly have a similar sign in my window. Though, I don't think I would limit it to concealed firearms. I would most certainly encourage open carrying of that firearm.

of course :)

hell I would encourage rifles!

Ghettokracker71

imported post

thorsmitersaw wrote:
vrwmiller wrote:
thorsmitersaw wrote:

of course :)

hell I would encourage rifles!
LOL shotguns are okay, but PLEASE no cammo or hunting dogs:celebrate

Placementvs.Calibur

imported post

I've never had a problem (yet) at:

Landmark, Springfield, Pentagon City, Malls

Sam's, BJ's, club stores (NOVA)

Wal-Mart at Kingstowne, Fairlakes, Woodbridge, Sterling

Target at Potomac Yards, Beacon Mall,Fairlakes

Best Buy's NOVA, and most shopping centers throughout NOVA including Giant, Shoppers, Safeway, and every restaraunt you can name. Even Micheals, Petco, Lowes, Home Depot leave me alone. I've only been harassedin the Giant at Beacon Mall.

People fear what they don't understand.;)