• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Gun friendly businesses

mlands

imported post

OCDC and VCDL should consider makinga list of OC Friendly places on their websites (like Spartans' in Burke) that we can patrolize without any worry orthought of getting a bunch oranti gun crap fromignorantpeople running the place.

hsmith

imported post

Placementvs.Calibur wrote:
Add Tyson Corner 1 to the list as gun friendly. I left it out of my original reply.
Tysons Corner is NOT gun friendly. You will be asked to leave the building if you OC.

True story.

ufcfanvt

imported post

Agent19 wrote:
Spartans Family Restaurant, 703-503-5800, 9542 Burke Rd, Burke, VA 22015

I found this place because of another Gun forum.
The OP stated the owner welcomed him and sharply discounted his bill even though he wasn't LE >
The owner reportedly made a statement to the effect that armed persons keep the gangs/criminals away.

Ihave eaten there several times and will continue todo so.
Good find in my area my friend. I appreciate it!

ChinChin

imported post

Agent19 wrote:
Good find in my area my friend. I appreciate it!
:idea:
I think we should plan a OCouting at this eatery, after the Holidays.

HUGE +1 for Spartans!!!!!

Really love me some Spartans! Cute little Greek girls help run the family business, they have GREAT Sunday morning breakfast meals, and +1 on the gun friendly. The owner/manager tried to give me a 50% discount when I OCd a year or two back thinking I was an LEO. I didn't want to argue the "gift" from him as in some cultures there is no greater insult. I just left the other 50% as a tip to the cutie who was serving me that morning.

ufcfanvt

imported post

Agent19 wrote:
I think we should plan a OCouting at this eatery, after the Holidays.
I'm definitely in! How about we take advantage of that Brunch special on the weekends so more people can participate?

Is Sunday Jan. 6 OK w/ anyone else? What time do they do breakfast? I couldn't find their website ...

-Dave

Marco

imported post

they open @ 0800 and brunch runs until 1400 or 2:00pm.

Edit:
removed hrs
thank you DH
write it likei say it:D

Placementvs.Calibur

imported post

Again, yet to have any incidents. At Tysons last weekend I walked pass 3-4 security guards OC'ing and had no problem. I'm a clean cut, fashionably dressed man(not that matters)with a Glock 17 in a serpa holster, kind of hard to miss it on my side.

hsmith

imported post

Placementvs.Calibur wrote:
Again, yet to have any incidents. At Tysons last weekend I walked pass 3-4 security guards OC'ing and had no problem. I'm a clean cut, fashionably dressed man(not that matters)with a Glock 17 in a serpa holster, kind of hard to miss it on my side.
As am I. Their policies are their policies, they do not allow citizens to carry weapons into the mall. They are not gun friendly.

Just because it hasn't happened to you yet doesn't negate the fact they are anti-gun.

Marco

imported post

ufcfanvt wrote:
SNIP/EDIT:
Spartans Family Restaurant
, 703-503-5800, 9542 Burke Rd, Burke, VA 22015

we take advantage of that Brunch special on the weekends so more people can participate?

Is Sunday Jan. 6 OK w/ anyone else?
if your really interested start a thread for a OC Brunch.

Placementvs.Calibur

imported post

Thanks for the tip. I was at Springfield Mall today OC'ing without incident. I'm getting the sense that unless you're acting disruptive or someone complains they're going to leave you alone where ever you go. After allmerchants value our business, especially this time of year. Merry Christmas, and a happy New Year.

Tess

Founder's Club Member
imported post

Another gun-friendly business is Mount Vernon Car Care Center, north of Reddick St and across from Aldis on Rte 1.

Kamhran Mahdi and his team have been great with me; they fix what I ask and don't put me through a bunch of crap. And though Kamhran has told me he couldn't carry a gun, he's always pleased to see me and mine.

And his shop rate is less than many other independent garages.