• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

This shows the attitude of some of Bloomy's finest

Tomahawk

imported post

imperialism2024 wrote:
Hmm... so is there actually a war between NYPD and FDNY, or is that just fictional in Rescue Me?

It was depicted in Law and Order, too. Makes you wonder if there's anything to it.

Two government agencies, each fighting for more funding and public adulation...

G_Lyons

imported post

It's actually overly common, in Seattle a few years back a guy drowned or almost drowned (it was a while back) because the police and fire department were fighting over who got to rescue him. It's all a BS money thing.

paramedic70002

imported post

A little history lesson. Volunteer fire companies used to have terrible fights over which company got to put out a fire. This had to do with insurance companies, payments to fire companies, and "fire brands" that property owners attached to their structures. This is why "keystone firefighters" were always racing to the fire, not because they were so much dedicated to fire suppression, but because their slush funds were at stake. Murders were known to have been committed during fights, on fire scenes while structures burned. This led to the establishment of professional fire departments.