Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 48

Thread: Got My Serpa!

  1. #1
    State Researcher
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Bear, Delaware, USA
    Posts
    1,241

    Post imported post

    Oooohh... is it nice. Sweet, natural draw -- the locking mechanism is flawless. Looking forward to testing it out a bit more tomorrow. Also ordered an Uncle Mike's double mag holder as well.

  2. #2
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Mag-bayonettes!, Virginia, USA
    Posts
    1,407

    Post imported post

    kool-aid for you!

    ...another one for the bandwagon!

    I was thinking of honestly getting a second so I don't have to keep switching the paddle attachment for my shoulder holster rig.
    -Unrequited

  3. #3
    State Researcher
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Bear, Delaware, USA
    Posts
    1,241

    Post imported post

    Now, I'm still fairly new to this, but is that what the paddle is for? Just attaching it to a shoulder harness?

  4. #4
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Englewood, Ohio, USA
    Posts
    654

    Post imported post

    The paddle is the part that goes inside the pants.

  5. #5
    State Researcher
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Bear, Delaware, USA
    Posts
    1,241

    Post imported post

    Like... if you wear it inside?

  6. #6
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Gloucester Point, Virginia, USA
    Posts
    899

    Post imported post

    Wynder - nope, SERPAs aren't designed for inside the waistband carry. There are two ways to attach the SERPA to your waistband either with the belt attachement, or the paddle attachment. The paddle attachment lets you take the holster on and off without undoing your belt (or even wearing a belt for that matter). Its a matter of personal preference which one you use.

  7. #7
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Morgan, Utah, USA
    Posts
    2,580

    Post imported post

    unrequited wrote:
    kool-aid for you!

    ...another one for the bandwagon!

    I was thinking of honestly getting a second so I don't have to keep switching the paddle attachment for my shoulder holster rig.
    I got a second one so that I could have one ready for Belt use ("clip" holster too) and one for Paddle use ("clip" holster too ) . I am in the middle of buying one for my Shoulder Rig too + extra clip holders.

  8. #8
    State Researcher
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Bear, Delaware, USA
    Posts
    1,241

    Post imported post

    OH!

    Thank you. That makes perfect sense now. I may have to try that... here's my problem; I'm kind of a big guy -- not so much tall as wide, and not even by that much, maybe 6' and a svelt 245lbs.

    In any case... man, this is going to be somewhat embarrasing, but with my Fobus HK-1 and my Serpa, I've noticed that the holsters (worn on the belt at 3 o'clock) keep it quite close to my body to the point where, unless I'm inhaling a bit, sometimes (not always) I may have the slightest of issues drawing.

    Anyone else experience that? I'm wondering if the paddle would push it out a tiny bit more and make the draw a bit more natural.

    Don't laugh, please.

  9. #9
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Morgan, Utah, USA
    Posts
    2,580

    Post imported post

    Well...,I'm about 6ft and 220

    Serpa does sell "extenders", I've heard.
    Meaning the "extenders" gets the gun further away from the Body if needed.




  10. #10
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    , Tennessee, USA
    Posts
    450

    Post imported post

    Wynder wrote:
    OH!

    Thank you. That makes perfect sense now. I may have to try that... here's my problem; I'm kind of a big guy -- not so much tall as wide, and not even by that much, maybe 6' and a svelt 245lbs.

    In any case... man, this is going to be somewhat embarrasing, but with my Fobus HK-1 and my Serpa, I've noticed that the holsters (worn on the belt at 3 o'clock) keep it quite close to my body to the point where, unless I'm inhaling a bit, sometimes (not always) I may have the slightest of issues drawing.

    Anyone else experience that? I'm wondering if the paddle would push it out a tiny bit more and make the draw a bit more natural.

    Don't laugh, please.

    I use the paddle configuration (I do wear a belt), and I find that this configuration actually holds the holster/gun much closer and higher on the body than the belt-loops...

    As I recall, there is a 'duty' SERPA holster which rides a bit lower... that may be what you need.


  11. #11
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Morgan, Utah, USA
    Posts
    2,580

    Post imported post

    Yes..,you are Right. That could work. I thought of that holster myself

  12. #12
    State Researcher
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Minnesota
    Posts
    2,350

    Post imported post

    I hate all of you. I want a Serpa, but they don't and wont make it for my gun...Smith & Wesson SW99. I'm starting to look at the ALS Safariland holster, since they do make one for my gun. Do you think these would be comparable to the serpas?

  13. #13
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Morgan, Utah, USA
    Posts
    2,580

    Post imported post

    DreQo wrote:
    I hate all of you. I want a Serpa, but they don't and wont make it for my gun...Smith & Wesson SW99. I'm starting to look at the ALS Safariland holster, since they do make one for my gun. Do you think these would be comparable to the serpas?
    :P:P:P:P:P:P:P:P:P:P:P:P:P:P:P:P:P:P:P:P:P:P:P:P:P :P:P:P:P:P:P:P:P:P:P:P

  14. #14
    State Researcher
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Bear, Delaware, USA
    Posts
    1,241

    Post imported post

    Maybe I'll just use it as incentive to drop a few pounds, but yes -- it'd be perfect if it were lowered a few inches.
    I hate all of you. I want a Serpa, but they don't and wont make it for my gun...Smith & Wesson SW99.
    They don't make one for the sw9ve, but the Glock 21 Serpa fits it perfectly... perhaps there's a similar model gun that yours might fit into?

  15. #15
    State Researcher
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Minnesota
    Posts
    2,350

    Post imported post

    They don't make one for the sw9ve, but the Glock 21 Serpa fits it perfectly... perhaps there's a similar model gun that yours might fit into?
    I severely doubt it. I went through that ordeal with the guy at the local gun shop when he insisted that, instead of ordering the correct holster for my weapon, we just dig around until we find one in his shop that fit. He must have tried over 50 different holsters on my gun, with out any luck. Besides, I couldn't bring myself to do it. It's just not right, lol.

  16. #16
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Gloucester Point, Virginia, USA
    Posts
    899

    Post imported post

    DreQO - don't have any firsthand experience with the Safariland ALS but looking at their website, there doesn't seem to be much similarities between the SERPA and the ALS. The ALS looks like it requires two steps to release the gun vs. one for the SERPA. THe ALS locks into the ejection port vice the trigger guard for the SERPA. Not saying it not a darn fine system, just that the two have some obsious differences.

  17. #17
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Morgan, Utah, USA
    Posts
    2,580

    Post imported post

    bayboy42 wrote:
    DreQO - don't have any firsthand experience with the Safariland ALS but looking at their website, there doesn't seem to be much similarities between the SERPA and the ALS. The ALS looks like it requires two steps to release the gun vs. one for the SERPA. THe ALS locks into the ejection port vice the trigger guard for the SERPA. Not saying it not a darn fine system, just that the two have some obsious differences.
    Agree

  18. #18
    State Researcher
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Minnesota
    Posts
    2,350

    Post imported post

    Yyyeah, you're right. The "ALS" itself seems to be relatively similiar, in the sense that it locks onto a part of the weapon, and requires a switch to release it. I wish they offered a holster WITHOUT the SLS (the second step you were referring to) and the hood guard crap. Those options are absolutely wonderful features, but I don't want all of them on a side holster.

    If and when I get a thigh holster, I'll definately be getting one of those, though.

  19. #19
    State Researcher
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Bear, Delaware, USA
    Posts
    1,241

    Post imported post

    UTOC-45-44 wrote:
    Well...,I'm about 6ft and 220

    Serpa does sell "extenders", I've heard.
    Meaning the "extenders" gets the gun further away from the Body if needed.


    Ordered...

    http://www.blackhawk.com/product1.asp?P=411400CBK

    Thanks, UTOC

  20. #20
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Mag-bayonettes!, Virginia, USA
    Posts
    1,407

    Post imported post

    Wynder wrote:
    UTOC-45-44 wrote:
    Well...,I'm about 6ft and 220

    Serpa does sell "extenders", I've heard.
    Meaning the "extenders" gets the gun further away from the Body if needed.

    *
    Ordered...

    http://www.blackhawk.com/product1.asp?P=411400CBK

    Thanks, UTOC
    That's interesting because that's one of the only complaints, that the Serpa sits too far away from the body even when OC'ing.
    -Unrequited

  21. #21
    State Researcher
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Bear, Delaware, USA
    Posts
    1,241

    Post imported post

    unrequited wrote:
    That's interesting because that's one of the only complaints, that the Serpa sits too far away from the body even when OC'ing.
    You're probably in shape. My shape... is oval.

  22. #22
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Mag-bayonettes!, Virginia, USA
    Posts
    1,407

    Post imported post

    > )

    Gimmie a couple years to catch up, I just got the g/f hence being in shape. She's a great cook, so it's almost a foregone conclusion.
    -Unrequited

  23. #23
    Regular Member Marco's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Greene County
    Posts
    3,844

    Post imported post

    what if?

    your cat had babies in your oven, would they be muffins or kittens

    If you think like a Statist, act like one, or back some, you've given up on freedom and have gone over to the dark side.
    The easiest ex. but probably the most difficult to grasp for gun owners is that fool permission slip so many of you have, especially if you show it off with pride. You should recognize it as an embarrassment, an infringement, a travesty and an affront to a free person.


    ~Alan Korwin

  24. #24
    State Researcher
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Bear, Delaware, USA
    Posts
    1,241

    Post imported post

    I carry mine strong-side at 3 o'clock. I can't draw from there with my weak-hand, regardless.

  25. #25
    Regular Member Marco's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Greene County
    Posts
    3,844

    Post imported post

    If you think like a Statist, act like one, or back some, you've given up on freedom and have gone over to the dark side.
    The easiest ex. but probably the most difficult to grasp for gun owners is that fool permission slip so many of you have, especially if you show it off with pride. You should recognize it as an embarrassment, an infringement, a travesty and an affront to a free person.


    ~Alan Korwin

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •