• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Interesting story

G27

imported post

So today I was involved in a car accident. Some guy pulled out infront of me and fled the scene. It sucked but that's life. So when the police arrived I was still wearing my suit and I wanted to take my jacket off. I informed the officer that I was going to remove my suit and had my gun on me, out of respect. She then asked if I could please unholster the firearm for her and lay it on the hood of the car for her saftey, but that it was my choice. Figuring I wanted to be on the best side I could, I did such. She then asked me why I packed. I told her you just never know. And then her and I talked for about 5 minutes. She said she wished more people would carry! I even told her I didn't expect and LEO to say that. And she rebutted back with, "I carry a gun, you should always be prepared for the worst, too." I was totally blown away by that statement. Refreshing to say the least. Anyway she just asked for my CCW cause I was traveling with a loaded gun and at the end of taking the report gave me the gun back and even an application for the WSP. She said she thought I'd be a good pick and even gave me her card with it. I thought it was funny, and just thought I'd share what she had to say with you guys.

tarzan1888

imported post

jchen012 wrote:
Was she hot? :p

attachment.php

You tell me.

Oh ya, were you talking about the girl or the gun?

I was talking about the gun. :cool:

Agent 47

imported post

I see a lot of cops as about fifteen of the local departments come into my range to qualify. and I would say probably 90% of the female officers fall into the "hot" category.

:celebrate

Problem is most of them are taken:cry:

On a related topic, yesterday I was talking to a Capitan with SCSO about carrying and he made the statement that he carries off duty because I would want him to protect me if someone came through the door and started shooting. To which I replied thats why I always have at least two guns on me to protect myself, (effectively saying I am not one of the sheaple who relies on the police to protect me from harm) he seemed suprisedto hear that I was armed ( I was concealed carrying ) I find it funny that I work in a gunshop and many cops don't think I would pack or if they do know they seem nervous at the prospect of everyday people being armed.