• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Can't wait to move to Kentucky

I_Hate_Illinois

imported post

Hey there everyone! Just wanted to say hello to all the fine citizens of Kentucky. I can't wait to become one of you and get the hell out of Stallinois. King Richard and Governor Blowjobaabitch can go straight to hell. I'm looking to move to Louisville. I'm told that the south and east of the city are the nice areas. Does anyone have any input? I'll be OC'ing until I can get my CCDW and probably after that as well. Thanks in advance for your comments.

N00blet45

imported post

I heard that Lexington and Louisville are about the only two cities you'll have any real trouble as far as OC in Kentucky. It's a good state though from my experiences. I'd say Kentucky is the most gun-friendly state east of the Mississippi.

mike m

imported post

Good to here that we need more good people here in the KY western KY also very nice, I have O.C. almost every where here movies lowes home depot olive garden chonge logans texas roadhouse , Gander mountain, gas stations mexican never had problems, just some questions from normal folks. see you soon

FightingGlock19

imported post

there's times I think of moving to other states, but then I realize I have to deal w/tougher gun laws ...HAHAHA!! j/k ...KY's a pretty decent place to live. Low cost of living, nice atmosphere, good people, and close enough to everything else that it's not too far a drive to get into something good.

AnitaB

imported post

FightingGlock19 wrote:
there's times I think of moving to other states, but then I realize I have to deal w/tougher gun laws ...HAHAHA!! j/k ...KY's a pretty decent place to live. Low cost of living, nice atmosphere, good people, and close enough to everything else that it's not too far a drive to get into something good.

You sure you're living in the same KY I am? I haven't seen much to indicate KY has a better ratio of good people to belligerent neanderthals than most other places. As for close to things, it depends on where you are in the state. There are some places where you'd have to drive six hours to see daylight (obvious hyperbole). If wilderness is your thing, you're in luck here. If you like modern comforts, or proximity to real cities, most of KY won't be for you. Stay close to either Louisville or Lexington if you do.

Oh, and remember that half of Lexingtonians (arguably most of the state as well) forget how to drive in the rain, and they all forget how to drive in snow.

FWIW, I did a lot of growing up with my father in a tiny town called Grayson KY, so I've got some actual empirical evidence for my claims.

teknoid

imported post

As someone who also escaped from Illinois, I can relate. I was born in Louisville, but spent 17 years in Illinois. It felt like 50. The east side of Louisville is better than the south, but the south isn't bad.

As for the poster who commented on Kentuckians driving abilities, if you live in Illinois, you will realize this claim is false. People in Illinois can't drive a lick. I lost count of the 4 wheel drive vehicles in ditches every time it snowed when I lived there. I got a good laugh as I passed them by in my little front wheel drive, doing a sensible speed. You'll find that they don't drive like maniacs on the expressway here, either. At least not as bad as Illinois. In KY, they watch NASCAR. In IL, they drive it.

I lived in Chicago, rural Illinois, Louisville, and now, rural KY. Away from the cities in KY is the same as IL. You can drive for hours in either, and see nothing but farms. I prefer life in the country, but to each their own.

What we do have here, is a lot more freedom than you're probably used to.

Welcome, You're gonna like it!

FightingGlock19

imported post

>>You sure you're living in the same KY I am? I haven't seen much to indicate KY has a better ratio of good people to belligerent neanderthals than most other places.<<

HAHA!! ...I make sure to network with certified good dudes ;-)

>>As for close to things, it depends on where you are in the state. There are some places where you'd have to drive six hours to see daylight<<

I'm in the western half of the state. I'm within an hour drive of Nashville, Bowling Green, Paducah, and the rest of things to do out here.

I_Hate_Illinois

imported post

Guess my plans to move have been pushed back until next spring. Housing market is too shitty to sell right now. I don't want to just break even and walk away. Guess it's one more year in shithole Illinois.

teknoid

imported post

I_Hate_Illinois wrote:
Guess my plans to move have been pushed back until next spring. Housing market is too shitty to sell right now. I don't want to just break even and walk away. Guess it's one more year in shithole Illinois.

Bummer. Maybe with any luck, ot'll be the last time you see snow up to your butt, and below zero temps. The housing market will come back, and it will always be cheaper to live in KY.

Decoligny

imported post

N00blet45 wrote:
I heard that Lexington and Louisville are about the only two cities you'll have any real trouble as far as OC in Kentucky. It's a good state though from my experiences. I'd say Kentucky is the most gun-friendly state east of the Mississippi.
I would have to say that Vermont probably holds claim to that title. No permits needed to carry concealed, or open carry.

teknoid

imported post

Decoligny wrote:
N00blet45 wrote:
I would have to say that Vermont probably holds claim to that title. No permits needed to carry concealed, or open carry.
Yeah, I'd say we're number two. Being second isn't all bad though, especially when you compare the cost of living between Vermont and Kentucky.

mike m

imported post

I wish there where more people out my way in far western ky to O.C. with, It would be nice to eat out some time with you guys. I read this site daily but just don't say to much.

deepdiver

Campaign Veteran
imported post

mike m wrote:
I wish there where more people out my way in far western ky to O.C. with, It would be nice to eat out some time with you guys. I read this site daily but just don't say to much.
I'm in southeastern MO little more than an hour from Paducah and get over that way sometimes.

mike m

imported post

deepdiver wrote:
mike m wrote:
I'm in southeastern MO little more than an hour from Paducah and get over that way sometimes.
sweet you should get ahold of me when you come around, we dont ever have any dinners close enough for me to go.

deepdiver

Campaign Veteran
imported post

mike m wrote:
deepdiver wrote:
mike m wrote:
sweet you should get ahold of me when you come around, we dont ever have any dinners close enough for me to go.
I've been in the same boat. We'll try to plan something when it warms up a bit.

TheMrMitch

imported post

Kentucky. I bought 6 acres woodskinda alone, a shack I live in comfortably, three more shacks, county water, electricity and a nice pond next to my 140 yardrifle range, deer and turkey stands. I also shoot tannerite.

Cost me $22,000 cash.:what: