• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Madison Society Annual Dinner

CA_Libertarian

State Researcher
imported post

The Madison Society annual dinner is coming up Saturday, October 13th at 6:00 PM in Modesto, CA. I hope some of you can make it to the dinner. I will check with the BoD to make sure it's OK to OC to this dinner.

Please post here if you plan to go.

If you need a place to crash for the night, I may be able to make room for a couple people willing to sleep on the floor or couch (which is probably not too much better). I may also be able to help with transportation if someone wants to arrive by bus or rail (both prohibit transporting firearms - but don't check).

They will be raffling off some guns as part of the fundraiser, too, so be sure to buy a couple tickets if you plan to be there - they are limited to 400!

Here's a link to the dinner flyer.

I'll attempt to attach info on the Raffle prizes.

Attachments

• Raffle.doc
    26.5 KB · Views: 236

cato

imported post

Sorry, Can't make it. But lets plan our annual CA get together in Redding, Ca. Spring 2008? :lol:

Attachments

• 911_l9l5803.jpg
    911_l9l5803.jpg
    72.5 KB · Views: 186

CA_Libertarian

State Researcher
imported post

cato wrote:
Sorry, Can't make it. But lets plan our annual CA get together in Reading, Ca. Spring 2008? :lol:
You mean Redding?

I think this would be a good idea, too. I would love to get as many OC-ers together as possible. We would just need to find a restaurant that won't throw us out for OC-ing (and that won't mind dealing with the cops when they possibly show up in full riot gear in response to several armed 'civilians').

EDIT: Just saw that you suggest Spring of 2008. If I'm still around I'll do what I can to be there. However, as soon as I finish school this December, I'm looking for a job in NH and moving ASAP, so I may be gone as early as January.

deadbattery

imported post

I know the perfect restuarant that wont mind all the OC'ers, but it is frequented by LE also. The owner wouldn't care in the slightest about us though (cant say about the "other" patrons though).

ConditionThree

State Pioneer
imported post

CA_Libertarian wrote:
The Madison Society annual dinner is coming up Saturday, October 13th at 6:00 PM in Modesto, CA. I hope some of you can make it to the dinner. I will check with the BoD to make sure it's OK to OC to this dinner.

Please post here if you plan to go.

If you need a place to crash for the night, I may be able to make room for a couple people willing to sleep on the floor or couch (which is probably not too much better). I may also be able to help with transportation if someone wants to arrive by bus or rail (both prohibit transporting firearms - but don't check).

They will be raffling off some guns as part of the fundraiser, too, so be sure to buy a couple tickets if you plan to be there - they are limited to 400!

Here's a link to the dinner flyer.

I'll attempt to attach info on the Raffle prizes.

I am unable to commit at this time, but appreciate the heads up. I will see what my schedule looks like in a couple of weeks and alert you if I am able to attend.

As for an OC Open House in Redding in spring '08, Im certainly game to such an event and even hosting at a public venue. I'm curious about what restaurant you have in mind, dead battery. PM me if you do not wish to disclose on the public forum.

CA_Libertarian

State Researcher
imported post

Just a bump and a brief update:

Tickets are still available, but only until the 8th (cutoff for the caterer headcount).

Also, according to google maps, the hall where the event is being held is not in a 'school zone,' but there is a high school west of there. If you go, use caution on which direction you approach from.

Hope to see some of you there.