• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

T-shirt Idea for Illinoisians

Superlite27

imported post

I have come to the conclusion that Chicago is the reason Illinois doesn't have a CCW provision. People in Chi-town are unfamiliar with guns, therefore, they fear them.

I think a great grassroots, pro-carry activism project that would help the people of Illinois forward a pro-carry agenda, while doing so LEGALLY, would be if EVERYONE would always wear a pro-gun T-shirt whenever visiting Chicago.

Here's my idea: It's not illegal to wear an empty holster, it's just illegal if there's something IN IT.

I'd like to make a bunch of T-shirts that say "ANOTHER UNARMED LAW-ABIDING CITIZEN" in big letters across the back. Then have a big red arrow pointing towards the hip.....where a person could wear an empty holster!

This way, people could see that you aren't a deranged criminal, and COULD be carrying a gun if it weren't illegal, but you would be obeying the law while voicing your discontent.

If you, your friends, and their friends always wore something like this when in Chicago....OR ANYWHERE ELSE for that matter...maybe people would think about arming Illinoisians in the future.

Anyone else have any good T-shirt ideas? Let's hear them! Maybe we could get them made.

LET'S DO SOMETHING!

dreamcro

Campaign Veteran
imported post

That's a great idea..... but first........
You just need to remove King Moby Dick Daley from his throne first.
Then get Dick(say our troops like Soviets in the gulags) Drubin to step down for treason.
Steal Governor Blowdry's hair care products.
Forget about Osama Obama, He ain't s&%t. :cuss:
Then I think the plan will work.

Or do what the wife and I did......
Move to a different state!!

junglebob

imported post

Since the Illinois State Patrol website suggests that women use keys, a nail file or a the pointy end of a comb if attacked, how about a t-shirt with that on it. It could say this is how woman are allowed to protect themselves in Illinois. Then also have a handgun and the words "the better way" Pass Illinois firearms carry legislation

There is a good video on the Illinoiscarry.com website referencing this. It also references the ISP's suggestion that a woman throwup on herself if confronted by a rapist, to make herself less desireable.

dreamcro

Campaign Veteran
imported post

Throw Up on themselves!?!?!?
Wait till I tell the wife this one. Can you imagine the reaction?
Nothing says, "I refuse to be a victim" like a nice holster full of fire power.

Uncle Raisin

imported post

I'm new to this site, and will keep my eye on it.

I was with a fellow while we were out protesting near a local police station, who were keeping their eye on us (not necessarily for us either) and he had a holster barely visible under his hip length shirt. When the police came over to him and asked to see (aheem!) under his shirt, he refused, and as they upped their aggressiveness just enough he revealed the pack of gum that it held. :lol: Too funny, as he said "some guys just can't be to careful." The policeman left with a slight embarrassment. :uhoh:

openryan

State Researcher
imported post

Uncle Raisin wrote:
I'm new to this site, and will keep my eye on it.

I was with a fellow while we were out protesting near a local police station, who were keeping their eye on us (not necessarily for us either) and he had a holster barely visible under his hip length shirt. When the police came over to him and asked to see (aheem!) under his shirt, he refused, and as they upped their aggressiveness just enough he revealed the pack of gum that it held. :lol: Too funny, as he said "some guys just can't be to careful." The policeman left with a slight embarrassment. :uhoh:
Thats great!

I do hope Illinois passes some carry legislation soon, even if they prohibited OC, cc would be a move in the right direction.

I wouldn't want to live in a state where I cannot protect myself...

unrequited

imported post

http://www.concealcarry.org/carrylegal.htm

Isn't fanny pack carry making a stand there and working?

http://www.isp.state.il.us/foid/firearmsfaq.cfm
What constitutes a legal "case" for transporting a firearm?
The Criminal Code refers to "a case, firearm carrying box, shipping box, or other container." However, the Wildlife Code is more specific, defining case as "a container specifically designed for the purpose of housing a gun or bow and arrow device which completely encloses such gun or bow and arrow device by being zipped, snapped, buckled, tied, or otherwise fastened with no portion of the gun or bow and arrow device exposed."

Uncle Raisin

imported post

The problem is that you, not only cannot have your rounds loaded, you cannot have them in the same compartment as the gun. What good does a gun do if there aren't any bullets in it? I don't know about yours, but my handgun makes a lousy club.

Uncle Raisin

http://www.UncleRaisin.com

"Raisin" the Standard Against Injustice