• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Arlington OC DINNER!

Tess

Founder's Club Member
imported post

sjhipple wrote:
Alright everyone, we're having an open carry dinner this Monday at 7:00 in ARLINGTON! The dinner will be atSala Thai Restaurant.

2900 N. 10th Street, Arlington, Virginia 22201
Tel: (703) 465-2900

For those of you that don't know, this dinner was planned after an OCer in Arlington was detained by 10 police officers.

Hope to see you there!!

So is it coincidence you're having it on the 10th, on 10th street?

sjhipple

imported post

unrequited wrote:
Last minute bump! Please post if you're going
I've got at least 5 confirmed guests with one maybe. I've got a table reserved for us and everything. The food rocks. There's parking. It's fun. Come. Do it.

IanB

imported post

I'm in... I think. I locked myself out ofthe house today. If one of my roommates is home to let me in I'll be there, if not I'll be stuck on my front porch without a firearm :quirky. At least I have my tunes to listen to while I wait.

Tess, I have your cell, I'll call you to let the group know if I won't be able to make it.

Don't forget to bringyour 10% off coupon.

EDIT: I contacted the owner of the house, and he gave me the lockbox code for the front door. I'll see y'all at 7pm. Do we have a second option if they don't want us to stay?

IanB

imported post

There was some talk at the dinner ofgoing to the Alexandria city council meeting Saturday morning. Anyone serious about about attending? I'm thinking about going just to check things out, not planning on speaking. I'm also curious how the security detail will handle an attendee with an OC'd firearm. Anyone know if they have metal detectors at the entrance?

sjhipple

imported post

nakedshoplifter wrote:
There was some talk at the dinner ofgoing to the Alexandria city council meeting Saturday morning. Anyone serious about about attending? I'm thinking about going just to check things out, not planning on speaking. I'm also curious how the security detail will handle an attendee with an OC'd firearm. Anyone know if they have metal detectors at the entrance?
PM me the address and time and I'll see if I can attend.

Marco

imported post

smile_angel.gif

IanB

imported post

301 King Street
Alexandria

If we want to go, we should show up at 0830

=====================================

Mr. Nakedshoplifter,

Council is in recess for the summer. They convene on September 11, and the
next public hearing is Saturday, Sept 15 at 9 am. If you have additional
questions, please let me know.

Sincerely,

Jacqueline Levy
Administrator, Cable Television & Consumer Affairs
City of Alexandria
City Hall, 301 King Street, Suite 1900
Alexandria, VA 22314
(703) 838-4350 phone
(703) 838-6426 fax

VCDL President

Centurion
imported post

nakedshoplifter wrote:
301 King Street
Alexandria

If we want to go, we should show up at 0830

=====================================

Mr. Nakedshoplifter,

Council is in recess for the summer. They convene on September 11, and the
next public hearing is Saturday, Sept 15 at 9 am. If you have additional
questions, please let me know.

Sincerely,

Jacqueline Levy
Administrator, Cable Television & Consumer Affairs
City of Alexandria
City Hall, 301 King Street, Suite 1900
Alexandria, VA 22314
(703) 838-4350 phone
(703) 838-6426 fax
If you guys go, let me know how it turns out. Video or audio would be good, too...