• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Great Video

LEO 229

imported post

I like when she points out "sporting vs assault rifles......Duck hunting..."

The 2nd Amendment says nothing about that. :D

Neplusultra

imported post

LEO 229 wrote:
I like when she points out "sporting vs assault rifles......Duck hunting..."

The 2nd Amendment says nothing about that. :D

I have to say I love that woman:^)! Where, oh where, does one find such????

I'll second you on the second amendment not saying anything about that. If you remember the NRA was once defending the 2cd on the grounds of "heritage" and "hunting traditions". sssheessh. Even I know better than that.

Sic Semper Tyrannis, I just love Virginia's state seal. It gets right to the point of freedom.

By the way, does anyone know what the deal is with the one boob hanging out :^)? I'm not having a John Ashcroft moment, BTW.

CPerdue

imported post

Classic (i.e. ancient) Greek style though Wikipedia says the origin is more Roman. I don't know really, but I think it is a "mom and apple pie, all that is good and virtuous" connotation.

I've always loved our motto. New Hampshire's, "Live free or die," is a good second but leaves open the disturbing possibility of the tyrant living instead of us. Virginia is much more clear on the matter.

Neplusultra

imported post

reefteach wrote:
Her name is Suzana Hupp. She became a State Representative in Texas after this with a platform which included shall-issue licensure.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/George_Hennard

I must add, the very famous and beautiful Suzanna Hupp. Seriously, does anyone know how to get in contact with her? I want to give her my appreciation and some pointers on how to deal with some arguements that she didn't respond to very well. They were obviously new arguements to her so I don't blame her in being slow, as I am typically. It's just that after seeing what was asked of her and what she said in response I had something better. I'd like to tell her this, just in case she hasn't already thought of it.

But mostly, I'd just like to tell her how much I appreciate what she's done for CC and OC rights.