• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Microstamping Bill Passes out of CA Senate....

ConditionThree

State Pioneer
imported post

http://www.gunownersca.com/news/display/?id=336
Microstamping Bill Passes out of CA Senate....
Posted on 09-07-2007

Gun Control advocates, the Brady Campaign to Prevent Gun Violence, have won a round in California with the passage of AB 1471 out of the state Senate.

The measure requires an identification mark on each cartridge casing of a semi-auto pistol. Given the name Microstamping, the make, model and serial number of the pistol is encrypted, etched, imprinted, on at least two inside surfaces or on the working parts of the pistol when it is fired. Any new semi-automatic pistol that is not so equipped will be placed on the "unsafe handgun" list that is regulated by the state. Handguns on the "unsafe list" cannot be sold in California.

The list of those in support of AB 1471 reads like a Who's Who of the extremist anti-gun crowd: Mayors of the cities of Los Angeles and San Francisco; Police Chiefs and Departments of the Liberal Counties on California's west coast; Sheriffs and their Associations in those same liberal counties, and others of the same anti-gun mindset.

GOC takes it place proudly in the list of those in opposition to this bill for we know that this bill is less about catching criminals than it is about curbing gun ownership. With this one measure, selling of semi-auto pistols in California is in jeopardy, for gun manufacturers have all along strongly warned that this flawed, imperfect technology will cost them too much to retool and produce for just one state.

AB 1471 passed out of the Senate by ONE vote: Yes Votes: Alquist, Calderon R, Cedillo, Corbett, Florez, Kehoe, Kuehl, Lowenthal, Machado, Migden, Oropeza, Padilla, Perata, Ridley-Thomas, Romero, Scott, Simitian, Steinberg, Torlakson, Wiggins, and Yee. No Votes: Aanestad, Ackerman, Ashburn, Battin, Cogdill, Correa, Cox, Denham, Ducheny, Dutton, Harman, Hollingsworth, Maldonado, Margett, McClintock, Runner G, and Wyland.

Not voting: Negrete McLeod and Vincent. (Not voting is considered as a "no" vote.)

The measure goes back to the Assembly now for reconciliation of the Senate amendments and an Assembly Concurrence vote. After those few days, the bill will travel to the Governor's desk. The Governor has some options: to sign the bill, to VETO the bill, or to do nothing and let it come into law without a signature.

Let the Governor hear from all of the gunowners in the state of California and ask for a VETO of this onerous bill. Not only will AB 1471 affect citizen gun owners, but law enforcement, and there is omminous fiscal impact on the state as well. Contact the Governor

swift

imported post

I called in to place my vote too. I'm not a California resident, but since I visit California most every summer I just don't want another bad gun law there. Nuff said. Below is the info from the other forum - it took me 20 seconds for each of my 5 votes & counting. :)

CALL Gov's Sac number (916-445-2841)

Press 1 - for English
Press 2 - for Voice your opinion on Assembly Bills
Press 1 - to select the Micro Stamping Bill (AB1471)
Press 2 to OPPOSE the gun control bill.

Here's how I feel about the microstamping bill: :cuss: