• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Carrying @ UVA Football Game

67GT390FB

imported post

muzz3256 wrote:
Beer. Boy would that make some of the UVA games eaiser to swallow! :D

Alcohol is prohibited in Scott Stadium, so CC would probably be okay, however I really don't want to test my luck and violate some obscure, not well known law.

I am pretty sure they still sell beer at the concession stands. Outside BYOB alcohol is prohibited. Beer sold at a concession stand is not the same as the restaurant ban. Someone please find the code on this as I know i have seen it here before.

Also that has to be the funniest statement i have heard in a long time. As a class of 97 graduate of Mr. Jefferson's University I never found alcohol to be difficult to obtain within the confines of Scott Stadium. I remember Bobby Bowden hop skipping an exploding Budweiser can that landed at his feet and Clemson players ducking pint flasks of Southern Comfort, Jack Daniels and Jim Bean. I havebeen known to walk down to one of the stores at the corner of JPA and JPA ext and buy more beer, stop in at Beta drink some of their beerand go back to the game and drink the beer i just bought. Also the fourth year fifth(last home game of the year)is a fun sport to watch the drunk coeds roll down the hill. With the advent of all these camel back hydration systems i would think alcohol would be even easier to bring in than ever.

Neplusultra

imported post

bayboy42 wrote:
VATech used to deny students, faculty and employees from carrying but for instance I could being unrelated to Tech. Since the shooting they have changed that rule to include everyone, UVA may have also.
Neplusultra - can you site where this new rule is published and or what legal standing is being used to enforce it?
I quoted the source earlier here;

Tech's policy on "safety" can be found at this link (the relevant section is 2.2); http://www.policies.vt.edu/5616.pdf

They have no standing IMO but I want to check with VCDL first before I OC on campus.

muzz3256

imported post

I am 100% positive that they do not sell beer. I worked concessions for 2 years, most of the concession stands are run by high school orginizations and youth groups. While you cannot buy alcohol on site, so many people sneek it in the stadium so it is not difficult to find. The ABC agents walk around to find underage drinking, but if you are caught with alcohol inside the stadium, you will be thrown out. Also, the page that I listed in the first post states the alcohol is prohibited.

paramedic70002

imported post

muzz3256 wrote:
The co-worker metioned above, told me that Scott Stadium is a very safe enviroment, and there is no possible reason to need a gun there. My first rebuke to that was, why are there over 600 armed police officers there, second, why are there and average of over 250 assualt arrests every game, both misdemeanor and felony? The student population is a very rowdy group, he advised me to just stay away from the student section. He must not know that the students, like grazing cattle, roam everywhere in the confines. :D
Things must have changed a lot since I was there mid 80s.